Inside the CORE 500
As we removed the top and sides of the chassis, when we flipped it over, we noticed the dust filters. The long section at the top, as well as the one on the right in this image, they are backed with magnetic dust filters. While it may not look so hot, these could also be moved outside, and make maintenance that much easier.
The front bezel offers a snap out cover for the 5.25" bay, and we can see through the ventilation at either side. However, with a mostly solid front to the frame, not much air will come from the front of this chassis. We also see wire tie points down the left side, as well as a couple of holes to run wiring through.
The PSU extension cable, as well as the front I/O wiring is all tied together, but there is nothing for them to damage, like a window, in this design. We can also see a small bag tied to the left side of the PSU support, which has our hardware in it.
Inside of the front of the CORE 500, we are given a 5.25" bay, which is not tool-free, and it has a thinner bay below it for either a 3.5" or 2.5" drive. If you plan to water cool, this can be removed, simply by removing screws behind the bezel, and wiggling it out of the top support rails.
Below the bays is where the PSU will reside. We can see the cable is long enough, as it wraps its way inside of the chassis. We also find a pair of pads to support the front of the PSU, while the support at the back holds the PSU off the chassis floor there.
The top of the chassis sports this handy removable rack. While it can take on fans and supports water cooling, its removal affords much better access inside of the chassis when it comes to the installation.
PRICING: You can find the Fractal Design CORE 500 Mini-ITX Small Form Factor Chassis for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Amazon re-list chromecast in hopes of peace with Google
- Adventure Time will get a new Open-world RPG early 2018
- NVIDIA play huge role in smart car race with Xavier
- Reddit will have its content integrated into Bing
- Hyundai to bring 38 green cars to the market
- Cougar Puri TKL Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- OWC Mercury Helios 3 Thunderbolt 3 Enclosure Review
- Mionix Wei Ice Cream Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- Unable to use all 3 M.2's for RAID 0
- AMD Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition Drivers Detailed
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series