SanDisk SSD Plus & Z410 SATA III SSD
The SSD Plus ships in a smaller red and white themed packaging. There is an image of the enclosed drive on the front. The capacity of the enclosed SSD is listed on the upper right corner. The Z410 ships in a black themed plain looking box. The back of the SSD Plus packaging is white and offers little information about the enclosed SSD other than its 3-year limited warranty and SATA III interface. The back of the Z410's packaging lists the drives form factor, capacity, date of manufacture and shipping firmware.
Both SSDs are cradled in clear plastic trays for protection. The SSD Plus includes a printed user/warranty guide, stick-on plastic spacer and a card that informs you where to go to download SanDisk's SSD Dashboard utility software.
The enclosures are both constructed of plastic. They are both screw less snap together designs.
Labeling is the reverse of one another.
The front/back of the enclosure features a manufacturer's label that lists the drive's model number, capacity, serial number and various bits of other relevant information.
Both drives have identical PCB's and components, so we are only going to detail one of them. The PCB is a tiny DRAM-less design. This side of the PCB houses the drive's controller and two flash packages.
This side of the PCB houses two additional flash packages.
A detailed view of the SMI SM2256S 4-channel controller that powers both SSDs.
A detailed view of one of the drive's SanDisk branded 15nm TLC flash packages.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Nintendo could be considering making their own gaming phone
- New Minecraft update adds crossbows, shields, cats and more
- Call of Duty Mobile is Modern Warfare & Black Ops combined
- Castle Crashers smashes its way onto PS4 and Nintendo Switch
- Shadow of the Tomb Raider FINALLY receives RTX/DLSS patch
- ASUS RT-AX88U Wi-Fi 6 Router Review
- MSI GeForce GTX 1660 GAMING X & VENTUS XS Review
- Halloween 4K Blu-ray Review
- GA-Z68X-UD5-B3 (VT-D Support)
- ASUS Zenith Extreme Alpha (AMD X399) Motherboard Review
- Killing Floor: Double Feature Coming May 21, 2019 to PlayStation Store and Game Retailers Near You
- Critically acclaimed retro platformer The Messenger hits PlayStation 4 today
- OMG Zombies! to invade Nintendo Switch on the 26th March!
- LEGO DC Super-Villains Releases Batman: The Animated Series Level Pack
- Super Crome: Bullet Purgatory Enters the Steam Early Access Atmosphere Today