SanDisk X400 1TB SATA III SSD
The bottom of the drive's all-black enclosure is formed from sheet aluminum. A basic looking manufacturer's label covers most of this side of the enclosure as well as the four screws that hold the enclosure together.
The back half of the drive's enclosure is formed from plastic and features a manufacturer's label listing the particulars of the drive.
Cracking the enclosure open reveals the blank half of the drive's blue PCB.
Pulling the PCB shows that all the of the drive's major components make contact with a thermal sheet that is affixed to the aluminum half of the enclosure.
All of the components are located on this half of the drive's PCB.
This half of the PCB is devoid of components.
A detailed view of the Marvell 4-channel 88SS1074 controller that powers the X400.
A detailed view of one of the eight SanDisk 64GB 15nm BGA flash packages that populate the PCB.
A detailed view of one of the drive's two Micron 512MB DDR3 1600MHz BGA DRAM cache packages.
PRICING: You can find the SanDisk X400 1TB SATA III SSD for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The SanDisk X400 1TB SATA III SSD retails for $229 at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The SanDisk X400 1TB SATA III SSD retails for £213 at Amazon UK.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Drive Specifications, Pricing and Availability]
- Page 2 [Drive Details]
- Page 3 [Test System Setup and Properties]
- Page 4 [Synthetic Benchmarks – ATTO & Anvil Storage Utilities]
- Page 5 [Synthetic Benchmarks – CrystalDiskMark & AS SSD]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks (Trace-Based OS Volume) - PCMark Vantage, PCMark 7 & PCMark 8]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks (Secondary Volume) – Max IOPS, Disk Response & Transfer Rates]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks (Secondary Volume) – PCMark 8 Extended]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks (Secondary Volume) – 70/30 Mixed Workload]
- Page 10 [Maxed-Out Performance (MOP)]
- Page 11 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Google Duo rolled out to standard dial app
- PAYDAY 2 coming to the Nintendo Switch in February 2018
- Advoli has first HDBaseT certified PCIe x16 graphics card
- AMD's mysterious 'Fenghuang' APU teased with '15FF' graphics
- The Predator drops into Ghost Recon Wildlands on December 14
- OWC Mercury Helios 3 Thunderbolt 3 Enclosure Review
- Mionix Wei Ice Cream Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- Unable to use all 3 M.2's for RAID 0
- AMD Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition Drivers Detailed
- 2 GPU on AB350 Gaming K4
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series