SanDisk X400 1TB SATA III SSD
The bottom of the drive's all-black enclosure is formed from sheet aluminum. A basic looking manufacturer's label covers most of this side of the enclosure as well as the four screws that hold the enclosure together.
The back half of the drive's enclosure is formed from plastic and features a manufacturer's label listing the particulars of the drive.
Cracking the enclosure open reveals the blank half of the drive's blue PCB.
Pulling the PCB shows that all the of the drive's major components make contact with a thermal sheet that is affixed to the aluminum half of the enclosure.
All of the components are located on this half of the drive's PCB.
This half of the PCB is devoid of components.
A detailed view of the Marvell 4-channel 88SS1074 controller that powers the X400.
A detailed view of one of the eight SanDisk 64GB 15nm BGA flash packages that populate the PCB.
A detailed view of one of the drive's two Micron 512MB DDR3 1600MHz BGA DRAM cache packages.
PRICING: You can find the SanDisk X400 1TB SATA III SSD for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The SanDisk X400 1TB SATA III SSD retails for $229 at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The SanDisk X400 1TB SATA III SSD retails for £213 at Amazon UK.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Drive Specifications, Pricing and Availability]
- Page 2 [Drive Details]
- Page 3 [Test System Setup and Properties]
- Page 4 [Synthetic Benchmarks – ATTO & Anvil Storage Utilities]
- Page 5 [Synthetic Benchmarks – CrystalDiskMark & AS SSD]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks (Trace-Based OS Volume) - PCMark Vantage, PCMark 7 & PCMark 8]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks (Secondary Volume) – Max IOPS, Disk Response & Transfer Rates]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks (Secondary Volume) – PCMark 8 Extended]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks (Secondary Volume) – 70/30 Mixed Workload]
- Page 10 [Maxed-Out Performance (MOP)]
- Page 11 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Battlerite to leave Steam's Early Access November 8
- Sharkoon reveal the AI7000 Silent & Glass PC cases
- Oculus founder has a new company, working on VR still
- Intel Core i7-8700K overclocked reaches 4.8GHz on air
- Intel Coffee Lake-S: flagship 8700K CPU, 40 PCIe lanes
- Intel Core i9-7980XE and i9-7960X CPU Review
- Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 4K Blu-ray Review
- Upgrading USB ports on top of case
- Areca ARC-8050T3 12-Bay Thunderbolt 3 RAID DAS Review
- GA-P67A-UD3P-B3 can't change multiplier past 38, can't change turbo ratio with i5 3570k
- AOC announces retail availability of AGON curved QHD gaming monitor
- Seasonic presents the PRIME Ultra power supplies
- EVGA announces GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 ELITE video card
- G.Skill releases AMD Ryzen-optimized Trident Z RGB DDR4 memory
- Hear the difference feel the beat of the DRUM