X99P-SLI Circuit Analysis Continued
GIGABYTE is using the same "Alpine Ridge" controller found on some Z170 motherboards which support Thunderbolt 3. In this case, four PCI-E 3.0 lanes are connected to the controller. The controller provides USB 3.1 or Thunderbolt 3, and a TPS65982 provides advanced Type-C port power and switch capabilities.
The audio uses an ALC1150 as the codec and a Texas Instruments NE5532 as the amplifier. There are 11 Nichicon Gold series electrolytic audio capacitors. There are 13 RGB LEDs located along the divide which illuminate the division between the audio section and rest of the motherboard.
GIGABYTE decided to use Intel's i218v to support a full Intel NIC implementation. To expand some of the USB 3.0 on the backpanel, GIGABYTE utilizes a Renesas D720210 USB 3.0 hub.
An IDT6V49322NLG clock generator expands BCLK margins. The main SuperIO is an iTE IT8620E and a secondary embedded controller, an iTE IT8792E, provides expanded fan control.
Two 128Mbit (16MB) BIOS ROMs provide dual BIOS functionality.
PRICING: You can find the GIGABYTE X99P-SLI (Intel X99) Motherboard for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The GIGABYTE X99P-SLI (Intel X99) Motherboard retails for $250 at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The GIGABYTE X99P-SLI (Intel X99) Motherboard retails for £217 at Amazon UK.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and X99P-SLI Overview]
- Page 3 [GIGABYTE X99P-SLI Circuit Analysis]
- Page 4 [GIGABYTE X99P-SLI Circuit Analysis Continued]
- Page 5 [BIOS and Software]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup]
- Page 7 [Overclocking]
- Page 8 [CPU, Memory, and System Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [System IO Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [Thermal Imaging and Power Consumption]
- Page 11 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- PUBG patched on PC, fixes performance in large-scale fights
- Street Fighter V players upgraded to the Arcade Edition
- Star Wars Battlefront 2 patch 1.1 brings stability all round
- Civilization VI: Rise and Fall new details fully explained
- Dynasty Warriors 9 reveals a massive open world with trailer
- Realtek sound not working all of a sudden
- Intel Z370 Motherboard Buyer's Guide
- The Coffee Lake Overclocking Guide
- X99-Gaming-5P 6850K 128G Ram - Help Overclock
- Which one is Best laptop in my Budget
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series