4K Random Write/Read
We precondition the drive for 16,000 seconds, or 4.44 hours, receiving performance data every second. We plot this data to observe the test subjects descent into steady state. We plot both IOPS and Latency. We plot IOPS (represented by blue scatter) in thousands and Latency (represented by orange scatter) in milliseconds. We observe a steady state is achieved at 4,000 seconds of preconditioning for both drives. We also observe the tight consistent performance that Samsung SSDs are renowned for.
With our configuration, the SM863 performs right at Samsung's 28K sustained random write specification across the board. Samsung SSDs hit maximum random write performance at QD1, which is in contrast to the M510DC that hits its stride at QD4 and above. The PM863 is performing better than specification, coming in at about 19.5K sustained random write performance. The PM863 performs much better than the 845DC EVO it is replacing. The M510DC displays robust random write performance, but still well below that of the SM863.
The SM863 hits its maximum performance at QD16, the PM863 at QD32. Both drives max out at about 98K. Both the SM863 and the PM863 handily outperform the M510DC and the 845DC EVO. In the case of 845DC EVO, the PM863 is outperforming it mainly because of a 200MHz core speed increase built into the drives "Mercury" controller.
Conclusion: The SM863 delivers class leading performance with superior consistency. The PM863 delivers a large increase in performance over the 845DC EVO that it is replacing.
PRICING: You can find the Samsung SM863 960GB Enterprise SSD for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The Samsung SM863 960GB Enterprise SSD retails for $571 at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The Samsung SM863 960GB Enterprise SSD retails for £497 at Amazon UK.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Xbox One X update for DOOM teased, will we get 4K or 60FPS?!
- ARK: Survival Evolved tramples over to Nintendo Switch
- NVIDIA's next-gen 4K 144Hz displays to launch in April
- Dragon Ball Legends mobile game revealed
- Division and Hitman devs form new studio Sharkmob
- AMD Ryzen Master Utility Memory Access Mode Greyed Out ASROCK x399
- خدمه عملاء تكييفات باور & 01225025360 _01014723434 & اعطال باور
- ارقام تليفونات صيانه ال جى ( 01014723434 _ 01225025360 ) تكييفات ا
- Buy 5 Pieces Apple iPhone X 64GB New Unlocked $4,245
- NZXT H700i Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit