What we ended up with is a very low profile cooler that to us looks good, and while the brown takes some getting used to, we appreciate its uniqueness as well. There are a couple of coolers that offer the same overall height on the market, but none of them thought to attempt using a large Vapor Chamber under the cooler to take the brunt of the rated 130W TDP.
While we do feel this number is slightly exaggerated, we feel anything rated over 95W is going to be tough to tame with this design. Of course, you also have to think that we do not test with the PWM active, so in reality, the fan noise will be typically towards the higher-end most of the time, but it should also lower the temperatures a few degrees compared to our results.
The hardware is pretty solid, and getting the IS-VC45 mounted to any LGA115X or LGA2011 socket is simple and easy to do. There is only one complaint that we have, and that is with the wire fan clips. We still are not sure if we got the wrong ones, or if the drawing is wrong, but to us, the ones in the drawing would offer bits of the clip to allow it to be much more easily removed - the ones we got are truly a pain to work with. Outside of that, we could kick it a bit for its lackluster performance, but we are pretty sure seeing the results in those charts is doing all the kicking needed, so we won't throw salt into that wound.
What at first looked like a solid contender to throw into any Mini-ITX rig, stream box, or anywhere else a compact design and near silence are needed, turned out to let us down a bit. It is not a horrible cooler by any means, as it is still much better than the stock solutions, and trying to overclock on it, well we knew that wasn't going to end well before we even started the test, so no shock there. We even had high hopes for this IS-VC45 as it is available right now inside of the US, and at $48.63, it's a tad rich, but still reasonable for a niche product. But in the end, there are better coolers for the money, and they can fit within these same constraints.
Product Summary Breakdown
|Quality including Design and Build||85%|
|Bundle and Packaging||90%|
|Value for Money||60%|
|Overall TweakTown Rating||75%|
The Bottom Line: It does beat a stock cooler and uses less height to do it, but at this price, and with the lackluster results we found in the IS-VC45, we feel there are other options that are more worthy of your investment.
PRICING: You can find the ID-Cooling IS-VC45 SFF CPU Cooler for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The ID-Cooling IS-VC45 SFF CPU Cooler retails for $65 at Amazon.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging]
- Page 3 [ID-Cooling IS-VC45 CPU Cooler]
- Page 4 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 5 [Installation and Finished Product]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup, Thermal Tests, and Noise Results]
- Page 7 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Arena brawler 'My Hero One's Justice' announced for Switch
- DOOM Rebooted will get a physical deluxe soundtrack release
- Radical Heights - first patch, new gun/performance increases
- Sea of Thieves patch 1.0.4, Rares attempt at stability
- Insomniacs Spider-Man leaked screenshots tease two villains
- FSP CMT510 RGB Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- I'm need help from GA-X79S-UP5-WIFI
- Investigation: m.2 Heatsinks, are they worth it?
- FS 30 Pieces Samsung Galaxy S9+ (www.BizFests.com) 64GB $7,740
- HyperX Alloy Elite RGB Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit