When LG reached out to me asking if I'd like to review their brand new 65-inch 4K curved OLED TV, how could I say no? I had read about it and salivated over the specs, but when it arrived it completely changed my life. So before we get into the rest of this article, I'm going to take this 'review' as something completely different.
Today we're not 'reviewing' the LG 65EG9600. It is my experience with the most beautiful TV I've ever used over the last two weeks. It's going to be nearly impossible to transpire my thoughts of gaming, video content, and everything else into a single review - so I've decided this first part will be my experience with LG's 65-inch 4K curved OLED TV.
I'm going to follow it up with a longer piece on my experiences with various 1080p and 4K movies, YouTube content, and more - and then another piece concentrating solely on PC gaming and using NVIDIA's new Shield TV on the 4K OLED set. I think this is the best way of providing the best content for you guys and girls out there, as this TV deserves multiple angles of discussion.
The LG 65EG9600 features the aforementioned 65-inch 4K curved OLED panel, which is utterly mind-bogglingly gorgeous. It features a quad-core processor inside, a Magic Remote (2015 model), webOS (which we'll go into later), an internal web browser, 3D support, and various Wi-Fi bands.
LG teamed up with Harmon Kardon for the internal 2-channel, 20W speakers that sound excellent for built-in speakers. We also have HDMI 2.0 support, USB ports that support DivX HD, AC3, and so much more.
The entire TV weighs in at 70.9 lbs (or 32.1 kg) when it arrives in the box, and by itself attached to the stand 55.3 lbs (or 25 kg) and by itself, without the stand at 44 lbs (or 20 kg).
Availability & Price
LG is selling its 65-inch 4K curved OLED TV at most major retailers, with an MSRP of $4999. It's definitely on the expensive side, but we'll go into why this is a better buy than most other TVs near its price range (and even some that are more expensive) very soon.
PRICING: You can find the LG Electronics 65EG9600 65-Inch 4K Ultra HD Curved Smart OLED TV (2015 Model) for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Quick Specs, and Availability & Price]
- Page 2 [What is OLED & The Big Jump from 1080p to 4K]
- Page 3 [Packaging & Detailed Look]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Intellivision's new Amico console coming in 2020, has new Ecco game
- HyperX reveals $130 Cloud Alpha S headset with 7.1 surround sound
- Macabre Metroidvania indie Blasphemous releases next month
- Crytek now support TESLASUIT full-body haptic feedback in CRYENGINE
- Alienware's 55-inch 4K 120Hz OLED gaming TV: September 30 for $4000
- ASUS ProArt PA34VC Review: Professional-Grade UltraWide Perfection
- Corsair HS35 Stereo Gaming Headset Review
- GIGABYTE X570 Aorus Xtreme (AMD X570) Motherboard Review
- ASUS CROSSHAIR VIII HERO (AMD X570) Motherboard Review
- COLORFUL iGame GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER Vulcan X OC-V Review
- Animoca secures deal with Versus Systems to drive in-game revenue and player engagement
- Viotek Launches LinQ Portable Touchscreen Monitors
- SK hynix Unveils 'Gold S31' Consumer Solid-State Drive on Amazon
- Final Assault coming to PSVR in Q4 2019
- Veteran Video Games Industry Leader Kate Edwards Joins Global Game Jam as Executive Director