When LG reached out to me asking if I'd like to review their brand new 65-inch 4K curved OLED TV, how could I say no? I had read about it and salivated over the specs, but when it arrived it completely changed my life. So before we get into the rest of this article, I'm going to take this 'review' as something completely different.
Today we're not 'reviewing' the LG 65EG9600. It is my experience with the most beautiful TV I've ever used over the last two weeks. It's going to be nearly impossible to transpire my thoughts of gaming, video content, and everything else into a single review - so I've decided this first part will be my experience with LG's 65-inch 4K curved OLED TV.
I'm going to follow it up with a longer piece on my experiences with various 1080p and 4K movies, YouTube content, and more - and then another piece concentrating solely on PC gaming and using NVIDIA's new Shield TV on the 4K OLED set. I think this is the best way of providing the best content for you guys and girls out there, as this TV deserves multiple angles of discussion.
The LG 65EG9600 features the aforementioned 65-inch 4K curved OLED panel, which is utterly mind-bogglingly gorgeous. It features a quad-core processor inside, a Magic Remote (2015 model), webOS (which we'll go into later), an internal web browser, 3D support, and various Wi-Fi bands.
LG teamed up with Harmon Kardon for the internal 2-channel, 20W speakers that sound excellent for built-in speakers. We also have HDMI 2.0 support, USB ports that support DivX HD, AC3, and so much more.
The entire TV weighs in at 70.9 lbs (or 32.1 kg) when it arrives in the box, and by itself attached to the stand 55.3 lbs (or 25 kg) and by itself, without the stand at 44 lbs (or 20 kg).
Availability & Price
LG is selling its 65-inch 4K curved OLED TV at most major retailers, with an MSRP of $4999. It's definitely on the expensive side, but we'll go into why this is a better buy than most other TVs near its price range (and even some that are more expensive) very soon.
PRICING: You can find the LG Electronics 65EG9600 65-Inch 4K Ultra HD Curved Smart OLED TV (2015 Model) for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Quick Specs, and Availability & Price]
- Page 2 [What is OLED & The Big Jump from 1080p to 4K]
- Page 3 [Packaging & Detailed Look]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- GTA 6 may be shorter than GTA V with more multiplayer focus
- Todd Howard: I'd rather spend longer on a game than rush it
- Free Monster Hunter World: Iceborne beta coming to PS4
- PS5 is 'more of the same' says PlatinumGames
- Bethesda's cancelled Terminator game had you play as a T-800
- Phison PS5016-E16 PCIe 4.0 SSD First Look Preview
- Update Intel RAID ROM - How to do it?
- Memblaze PBlaze5 C916 and D916 Enterprise SSD Review
- ASUS AX92U Wi-Fi 6 Mesh Review
- motherboard the turbo frequency varies permanently
- Pinball wizards rejoice! Marvelous Europe adds a juicy twist to the pinball game format in SENRAN KAGURA Peach Ball
- Dark Quest 2 Now Available on iOS and Android
- Novigrad is GWENT's second expansion. Pre-order offer now available!
- Dragon Ball FighterZ - World Tour Returns For A Second Round in 2019/2020
- Jurassic World Evolution: Claire's Sanctuary available now on PC, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One