OCZ TRION 100 480GB SATA III SSD
The TRION 100 is packaged in a white box with embossed chrome lettering. There is a picture of the drive on the front of the box. The drive's capacity is advertised on the lower right corner.
On the rear of the packaging, OCZ explains that the TRION 100 will improve your computing experience and lists some of the drive's attributes. There is a label located at the lower right corner of the box with the drive's model and serial numbers printed onto it.
Inside the box, the drive is protected from damage by a two piece clear plastic enclosure.
The front facing of the drive's enclosure is covered with an attractive light grey OCZ label. The label has light and dark blue angled stripes that enhance the visual appearance of the drive.
Centered on the back half of the drive is a manufacturer's label that lists the drive's model number, serial number, shipping firmware and capacity.
The drive's enclosure is formed from stamped aluminum, natural in color. The PCB snaps into place as does each half of the enclosure. The enclosure is a completely screw-less design.
All of the drive's major components are located on this half of the blue PCB. There are 4 Toshiba branded BGA flash packages, a Toshiba controller and a single DRAM package.
This side of the blue 3/4 length PCB is populated with a few small surface mounted components.
A close-in view of the Toshiba TC58 controller that powers the TRION 100.
A close-in view of one of the drive's four Toshiba A19 TLC 128GB flash packages.
Finally, a close-in view of the drive's NANYA branded LPDDR DRAM package.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Drive Specifications, Pricing and Availability]
- Page 2 [Drive Details]
- Page 3 [Test System Setup and Properties]
- Page 4 [Synthetic Benchmarks - ATTO & Anvil Storage Utilities]
- Page 5 [Synthetic Benchmarks - CrystalDiskMark & AS SSD]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks (Trace Based OS Volume) - PCMark Vantage, PCMark 7 & PCMark 8]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks (Secondary Volume) - Max IOPS, Disk Response & Transfer Rates]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks (Secondary Volume) - PCMark 8 Extended]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks (Secondary Volume) - 70/30 Mixed Workload]
- Page 10 [Maxed-Out Performance (MOP)]
- Page 11 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Mario Tennis Aces will feature Diddy Kong & more as DLC's
- WWE 2K19 Special Editions revealed and release date unveil
- Disney and Nintendo partner for a Nintendo Switch TV show
- Gift Unravel Two on Xbox One and get 1 month of EA Access
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, playable in 2 weeks at CEO 2018
- LaCie DJI Co-Pilot 2TB Review
- Dumb question regarding moderator approval
- ASUS ProArt PA27AC Monitor: The Best Workstation Monitor?!
- Asus X401A Laptop will not boot despite several replaced components
- FS Samsung Galaxy S9/S9+ 256GB SM-G965U New $751CAD
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit