Case Build and Finished Product
With our standard testing gear in place, it is easy to see the amount of room afforded to be used for additional cooling, as well as seeing that the motherboard is set low enough in the chassis to not pose issues for radiators. As far as fit is concerned, we found no issues with installing the components, everything sort of falls into place with this design.
The dust cover snapped right in, and the video card did not require us to force the back of the chassis inward to replace the thumbscrews either. As for the PSU at the bottom, with the gasket in play, you may need to go around the screws twice to secure it, but well worth the effort.
With the build we use, even behind the motherboard tray, things are kept simple. With water cooling there are many more wires to contend with, but for our standard build, the Velcro straps contained all of our wiring without issue.
The window is indeed large, but as we mentioned earlier, it affords a great view inside. When adding additional cooling and maybe some lighting, the view can only get better from here.
From that same angle, once powered up, it is hard to tell things are running. If not for the view of the fans spinning inside of the chassis, we would have had to pull the door at this point to ensure it was indeed running.
While there is a power LED that is blue, we also see that the notch in the front of the chassis is where the HDD activity LED is. With both lit currently, this may be the only way to tell if the system is running in the solid panel version, as with the fans that come with it, and what we put inside, we could not hear anything other than the post beep to tell us it was indeed on and running.
PRICING: You can find the Fractal Design Define S Window for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The Fractal Design Define S Window retails for $111.94 at Amazon.
Australia: The Fractal Design Define S Window retails for $154 at PLE Computers.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging]
- Page 3 [Fractal Design Define S Mid-Tower Chassis]
- Page 4 [Inside the Define S]
- Page 5 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 6 [Case Build and Finished Product]
- Page 7 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Detroit: Become Human sells 2 million+ units since May 2018
- Project Stream testers get free copy of AC: Odyssey
- Google's Project Stream is the future of gaming
- EA folds Battlefront II into its subscription services
- Red Dead Online microtransactions are live
- Areca ARC-8050U3 USB-C RAID DAS Review
- https www.supplementcyclopedia.com mydxadryl-male-enhancement-canada
- Symbaroum: Yndaros - The Darkest Star expansion Released Today
- Enjoy the Winter Season of R.O.H.A.N.: Blood Feud
- Warlords Awakening release surprises for Christmas
- The Switchblade Christmas Update Is Out Now
- Great Britain & Ireland DLC Out Now For Railway Empire