The box that the XB270HU comes in is pretty identical to that of the XB280HK, the 4K monitor that also features NVIDIA's G-Sync technology.
Starting with the front of the box, which doesn't do much to convince the consumer that this monitor is one of the, if not the best gaming monitor on the market right now.
It is packed quite well, with the display itself nice and snug in some Styrofoam packaging.
Here's the stand that the XB270HU gets clicked, and then screwed into.
And again with the stand attached.
The full package: the Acer XB270HU on its stand, ready for action.
The Acer XB270HU can go into Portrait mode, which is great for triple-monitor setups and productivity.
On the back of the monitor, we have from left-to-right, the power switch and socket, the DisplayPort input, and two USB 3.0 ports with a USB 3.0 output.
A closer look at the ports.
To the left of the XB270HU, we have two more USB 3.0 ports.
On the bottom left of the display, we have an NVIDIA G-Sync sticker that displays that the XB270HU is powered by NVIDIA's kick-ass technology.
For our testing, NVIDIA provided the display chops with the ASUS ROG Swift PG278Q, but for the rest of our system, here's what I'm running right now:
- CPU: Intel Core i7 4930K processor w/Corsair H110 cooler (stock clocks)
- Motherboard: ASUS Rampage IV Black Edition
- RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro (2 x 16GB kits) of 2400MHz DDR3
- GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980 Ti
- Storage: 240GB SanDisk Extreme II and 480GB SanDisk Extreme II
- Chassis: InWin X-Frame Limited Edition
- PSU: Corsair AX1200i digital PSU
- Software: Windows 7 Ultimate x64
- Drivers: GeForce 352.86
We'd like to thank all of our partners for their support, as this couldn't be possible without NVIDIA, ASUS, Corsair, SanDisk, or InWin. Without them, we wouldn't have the hardware here to test today, so I'd like to thank them all for providing us with the hardware here in my lab.
PRICING: You can find the Acer XB270HU for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The Acer XB270HU retails for $794.99 at Amazon.
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at PLE Computer's website.
Canada: The Acer XB270HU retails for CDN$949.99 at Amazon Canada.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Serious Sam 4: Planet Badass isn't open world, still HUGE
- RX Vega 56 with 120W TDP inside Acer's new gaming notebook
- PUBG: 50 million copies sold, 400 million players
- Vega 20 teased in AotS benchmark, AMD's new 7nm GPU tested
- Fallout 76 beta comes first to Xbox One
- DDR4-3400 - Ryzen 7 1800x & Ryzen 7 2700x - X370 & X470
- LaCie DJI Co-Pilot 2TB Review
- Dumb question regarding moderator approval
- ASUS ProArt PA27AC Monitor: The Best Workstation Monitor?!
- Asus X401A Laptop will not boot despite several replaced components
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit