NAS products are equal parts hardware performance and software features. One compliments the other in a balanced product. You need more hardware performance to run more software features at the same time.
The My Cloud operating system is straightforward and easy to navigate. The top slide bar makes getting to what you need fast and without frustration.
The accounts are also easy to build and the remote access with My Cloud is also easy to assign to users.
The importance of data backups goes without saying. Devices with storage media crash, be it from human or mechanical error. The WD OS makes backing up devices across platforms easy and fluid.
iSCSI serves many purposes in a business environment. System administrators can segment pools into individual accounts on the NAS.
Western Digital took the feature one step further and allows users to connect more than one My Book product while passing user accounts between devices. This feature adding performance and storage density to the pool.
Western Digital has a small but growing number of add-on features for the My Cloud operating system. The list is much smaller to the number of apps available from other NAS makers though.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Andriod lollipop users now have Google Assistant
- Largest stolen credential data base found to date
- Twitch is now featured as an Alexa Echo Skill
- Google Duo rolled out to standard dial app
- PAYDAY 2 coming to the Nintendo Switch in February 2018
- OWC Mercury Helios 3 Thunderbolt 3 Enclosure Review
- Mionix Wei Ice Cream Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- Unable to use all 3 M.2's for RAID 0
- AMD Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition Drivers Detailed
- 2 GPU on AB350 Gaming K4
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series