ASRock is a well-known company who specializes in motherboard design and manufacturing, bringing to market some of the most insane motherboard designs ever seen usually designated with "Extreme11".
Today, I have one of those crazy-awesome motherboards, the X99 WS-E/10G. This thing is a monster; it carries more silicon than three other motherboards combined, it has four NICs (including two at 10Gbit speeds), twelve SATA ports, and seven PCI-E 16x slots.
This has to be the most feature packed motherboards in existence, and today I will explore the X99 WS-E/10G. Let's get started!
This is one of the longest specification lists I have ever seen for a motherboard. While you skim it for all the good stuff like dual PLX bridges and the Intel X540 10G controller, notice the little asterisks pointing out where bandwidth is shared.
On many loaded boards everything is shared, but not on this board. Surprisingly these asterisks are not as common as you would think, only a few SATA ports share bandwidth, and that is a chipset limitation which ASRock deals with very well.
At $670 on Newegg, the X99 WS-E/10G is possibly the most expensive X99 motherboard, yet it also has more features than any X99 motherboard.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and the X99 WS-E/10G]
- Page 3 [X99 WS-E/10G Circuit Analysis]
- Page 4 [The BIOS and Software]
- Page 5 [Test Setup and Overclocking]
- Page 6 [CPU, Memory, and System Benchmarks]
- Page 7 [System IO Benchmarks]
- Page 8 [Temperature and Power Consumption]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Get caught up in 'Girl in the Spider's Web' Blu-ray giveaway
- Activision: Destiny was tying up our resources
- Activision cut jobs to focus on monetization as well as dev
- Anthem's epic skins cost $8.50 a piece
- Crackdown 3 only exists to sell Game Pass subscriptions
- Resident Evil 2 Remake Review: Fright Night
- HELP !!!! ASROCK Z77 PRO3 "NON-K OC MENU" disappeared :-(
- Serexin: https://www.ketotoneworld.com/serexin-reviews/
- GeIL Super Luce RGB Sync DDR4-3200 16GB Memory Kit Review
- New Screenshots for ShaRkPG, Maneater | PC Version to Support NVIDIA Ansel Technology
- The world's first judicial friendship simulator takes to Kickstarter in Supreme Courtship!
- Cupid hits Ring of Elysium with Valentine's Day event
- New Gameplay Video for World-Shaping RTS Bannermen Released
- Nokia launches Cognitive Collaboration Hubs to help operators design 5G networks and create AI-enabled use cases