Setting a high standard as soon as the box was picked up, the ARCTIC P614 BT proudly states on the front cover that within the packaging you will find "premium Bluetooth headphones for avid music lovers." Fully-featured with soft leather ear cushions, Bluetooth 4.0 and NFC connectivity, and a stylish metal and leather exterior, can this product live up to expectations?
I've used a few Bluetooth headphones in my time with varying degrees of success. Generally, those with the word "portability" attached feel quite small and clumsy on your head, often trading off comfort for sheer size reductions.
The other main issue I'll be looking at is that of the microphone - on-board microphones on Bluetooth headphones (and speakers) have been extremely lacklustre in my experience, here's hoping ARCTIC's offering can rectify this issue.
This mid-to-high range product is built on a Bluetooth 4.0 platform, also allowing NFC connectivity to any compatible devices. Although a little power draining, these Bluetooth headphones are rated for a massive 30 hours of playback time through the utilization of an internal 850mAh Lithium-ion battery.
With an on-ear (Supra-Aural) wearing style, the P614 claims to utilize "enhanced neodymium drivers", offering you a frequency response of 20 Hz - 20 kHz, and an impedance of 32 Ohms. This is coupled with a -42dB +/- 3dB microphone sensitivity.
Rated at a tiny 142 grams (5 ounces), this product comes with your general accessories including a plush carry-pouch, a micro-USB charging cable and a manual coupled with their two-year limited warranty.
Pricing & Availability
As previously mentioned, the ARCTIC P616 BT is listed at a mid-to-high range price point of $89.99 RRP on their official website, however, it's currently on a sale until the end of March 2015 at Amazon for $42.99 with free shipping. This discount pushes the ARCTIC P616 further up our recommendation list as it's hard to trust a non-audiophile brand with offerings over the $70 mark.
What's in the box?
Featuring a standard yet short list of: a synthetic leather carry-pouch, micro-USB charging cable and user manual, it's missing one major addition that we'll touch on later - a 3.5mm jack and cable.
This product is well presented and can be very easily put back in the box for transport or sale later in life - something that many headsets don't do whatsoever. There's nothing more frustrating than completely ruining a box simply trying to free your headset from its deathly clutches.
PRICING: You can find the ARCTIC P614 BT - Premium Bluetooth Headphones for Avid Music Lovers for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing but can change at any time. Click the link to see the very latest pricing for the best deal.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Overkill's The Walking Dead will be 'immersive and engaging'
- Eidos Montreal shifts towards online games
- AMD's next-gen 'Super Secret' Navi GPU teased
- Fallout developers won't use micro-transactions in new game
- Self-driving cars expected to create a $7 trillion industry
- IN WIN AURORA Addressable RGB PWM Case Fan Review
- IN WIN POLARIS Silent RGB PWM Case Fan Review
- IN WIN 101 Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- old version of bios for asrock z77 extreme 3
- SAPPHIRE Radeon RX Vega 64 NITRO Review: 3 x 8-pin PCIe?!
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series