While this chassis is not going to be the chassis that offers every conceivable notion of what makes a great chassis, and comes with all of the goodies to make that happen, Xigmatek has put together a chassis that is better than decent; it's actually sort of impressive. Many Xigmatek designs before this seemed somewhat dated, and were either hard to stomach aesthetically, or just not our cup of tea. However, with the Spirit M, we find Xigmatek has really thought things through, and delivered quite a bit of bang for your hard earned buck. With removable dust filters, black flat ribbon wiring that is easily managed, the removable ODD bay and HDD cage, optional locations for storage drives, and even more great features, the Spirit M is quite the little chassis.
Along with the modularity, the chassis is also sleek and simply designed. Additionally, it would fit in any user situation, whether it be gaming, web surfing, or for use as a larger home theater box. Of course, since it comes with only a single fan, the cooling is not the best out of the box. However, with plenty of spaces to fill, and room for two dual radiator AIOs in this compact design, the feature set is up to speed with everything else out there.
If we had to pick out one thing to complain about, it has to be the motherboard tray offset. Since there is no window, wiring inside isn't an issue, but seeing all of the holes and tie points, then finding only the front I/O wiring can fit there was sort of a downer. Nonetheless, we overcame that disappointment and were pleased with our results.
It isn't every day that a budget-friendly chassis runs through the lab and actually earns a high recommendation from us. We can only think of a select few chassis that have earned our recommendation, and they are mostly NZXT offerings. With the Spirit M, you can start simple with a build and a low budget for a chassis of just $39.99, and be on your way. Also, since this chassis provides so many options, you will definitely be saving up for an AIO or two, and maybe even a pair of SSDs. No matter how you look at it, and even if you don't trust everything you see in print, the Xigmatek Spirit M is too affordable not to give it a go for yourself.
PRICING: You can find the Xigmatek Spirit M for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link to see the very latest pricing for the best deal.
United States: The Xigmatek Spirit M retails for $39.99 at Amazon.
Product Summary Breakdown
|Quality including Design and Build||93%|
|Bundle and Packaging||92%|
|Value for Money||100%|
|Overall TweakTown Rating||94%|
The Bottom Line: Xigmatek's Spirit M packs quite a bit into one sleek and compact mini-tower. We had a lot of fun with our build and all the options it offers, and at less than $40 to obtain it, you just have to try this chassis; it almost begs you to.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging]
- Page 3 [Xigmatek Spirit M Mini-Tower Chassis]
- Page 4 [Inside the Spirit M]
- Page 5 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 6 [Case Build and Finished Product]
- Page 7 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Nintendo shows off most downloaded eShop games
- Battlefield 1: Apocalypse DLC details aerial dogfights
- Nintendo Switch sells 1.5 million units last month
- Epic Games doubts the success of their own MOBA Paragon
- Age of Empires: Definitive Edition will release next month
- SuperData Analyst Interview on Call of Duty: WWII Success
- GIGABYTE Z370XP SLI (Intel Z370) Motherboard Review
- The GIGABYTE Z370N WIFI (Intel Z370) Motherboard Review
- noblechairs ICON Series Real Leather Gaming Chair Review
- GIGABYTE X299 Designare EX (Intel X299) Motherboard Review
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series