Installation and Finished Product
This back plate offers the same thing at every side, so it does not matter which direction goes where when installing it behind the socket. At each end, the screws are pre-installed in the plate, and all you need to do is move them to A, B, or C, depending on the socket.
With the back plate slid in through the back, simply take the standoffs that have white nylon washers on them, and secure them to the top of the back plate screws. This should be tight to the motherboard once the standoffs start to run out of threads.
For Intel sockets, you need to install the cross bars that will accept the pair of screws already attached to the bar on the base of the H5 Universal. There are stickers on the other side of these brackets to help you install them properly, then lock them down with the thumbscrews at each corner.
After applying paste to the CPU, it is time to mount the cooler. Thinking back to the pair of holes in the top of the cooler, we slid the screwdriver down to find it aligns perfectly with the screws. To screw this down properly, alternate between each side, turning the screws a few times each time until there are no more threads to spin into the brackets.
Once installed, we can see it is slightly wider than the memory, and while access to the screws was easy enough, this cooler may touch a card in the first PCI-e slot if it has a back plate or taller solder points.
Not only did the H5 Universal not play up with our memory as we expected, but for those populating all four slots, there is plenty of room left over. So, even if you are still using a RAM cooler, there will be no conflicts with this cooler design.
With the armor that this motherboard uses, a second fan would increase the overall height of the cooler since we cannot go as low at the back as we can near the memory. However, on most systems, there will be very little issue for users opting for that second fan.
From this angle, you can sort of tell that the wider design may lead to PCI-e issues. We also really like looking at the flat white top cover with the simple logo in the middle of what is otherwise an all-black system. Additionally, this cooler did not install out of alignment; the H5 Universal is spot on, and straight as an arrow.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging]
- Page 3 [Cryorig H5 Universal CPU Cooler]
- Page 4 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 5 [Installation and Finished Product]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup, Thermal Tests and Noise Results]
- Page 7 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Rune: Ragnarok receives teaser trailer, screenshots & PC req
- Hi-Rez Studios announces creation of 3 distinct new studios
- Team17 announce New Game+ for Overcooked 2
- Dark Souls Remastered arrives on the Nintendo Switch Oct 19
- Samsung's new GDDR6 should power next-gen GeForce RTX 2080
- Buy (3 Pieces) Samsung Galaxy Note9/S9/S9+/S8+ New $900
- Buy (2Pieces) Samsung Galaxy Note9/S9/S9+/S8+ New $800
- Fnatic miniSTREAK Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- Buy (20 Pieces) Apple iPhone 8 Plus/8/7 Plus/7/6s Plus New $2000
- RAID 0 on a really old Motherboard
- Legendary Actor Patrick Stewart To Narrate My Memory of Us
- Hi-Rez Studios Establishes New Development Studios, Strengthens Publishing Position
- Guardians of the Sky Arrives for TERA PC with Aerial Content and Limited Time Loot
- Lian Li Fuse Classic Brushed Aluminum and Modern RGB Lighting with new LANCOOL ONE Chassis
- Samsung's 16Gb GDDR6 Memory Powers Latest NVIDIA Quadro Professional Graphics Solution