Thermalright Macho Rev.B CPU Cooler
As we look into the face of the Macho Rev.B, we start with a single black fin at the top, followed by thirty others in the stack of fins. From this angle, the pipes appear to run straight up from the base, and again, we see the two-piece copper base used in this design.
From this side, we first notice the huge offset the Macho Rev.B offers to free up the memory area. Also, below all of the louvers and bent sections of supportive fins, you can see how three pipes run straight up through the fins, while the other trio is angled to go behind the first set.
Since looking into the back of the cooler would give essentially the same view we saw in the front, we laid the cooler down to show that the back is cut away to allow for a second fan.
There are two sections where the sides are bent so that each fin is supported by the one below it to keep spacing correct. There is also a cutout on the side, but rather than being used to lock in the fan clips, it is just there for design, and has no real effect.
Looking at the top of the Macho Rev.B, we find a large hole near the back of the fins to provide access to mounting hardware. As mentioned previously, there are sixty cuts in each fin, and the tabs are bent downward into the flow of air. We can also see there is a slight offset to the three pipes in front, and those in the back, allowing the second set to get more airflow.
At the other end of the Macho Rev.B, we can see that all of the fins are identical in design to the top one, and we can also see that these fins are pressed over the nickel-plated heat pipes. The base components are soldered to the pipes, and the base also gets plated to fight corrosion as well.
In typical Thermalright fashion, we are given a highly polished, slightly convex base to mate to the CPU. Being slightly higher in the center allows for slightly more pressure on the CPU, and should provide better thermal transfer than something that is dead flat.
As we tend to do, we had to raid the hardware early, but now we have the fan clips installed as intended. There are holes at the back for a trailing fan application if desired. We also see that Thermalright includes a full set of fan isolation pads to keep things from vibrating or rattling.
If you want the most out of the cooler, and like the fact of having airflow above, and more importantly, well below the cooler, the fan can be installed in this orientation, but it will raise the overall height. This is just how we chose to use the fan, as the manual shows it running longer side to side to keep within the 162mm height specification.
Looking at the Macho Rev.B in profile, you can see the offset to this design really comes into play to allow the fan to slide in without any issues with the memory, as you will soon see in the build images. These fan clips also slide into the cooler easily, and are super simple to use to lock the fan in place.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging]
- Page 3 [Thermalright Macho Rev.B CPU Cooler]
- Page 4 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 5 [Installation and Finished Product]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup, Thermal Tests, and Noise Results]
- Page 7 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Fortnite made $126m on PC last month, PUBG made $103m
- COD: Modern Warfare 2 Remastered ships WITHOUT multiplayer?!
- Xbox One X update for DOOM teased, will we get 4K or 60FPS?!
- ARK: Survival Evolved tramples over to Nintendo Switch
- NVIDIA's next-gen 4K 144Hz displays to launch in April
- AMD Ryzen Master Utility Memory Access Mode Greyed Out ASROCK x399
- خدمه عملاء تكييفات باور & 01225025360 _01014723434 & اعطال باور
- ارقام تليفونات صيانه ال جى ( 01014723434 _ 01225025360 ) تكييفات ا
- Buy 5 Pieces Apple iPhone X 64GB New Unlocked $4,245
- NZXT H700i Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit