Mushkin Rector 1TB SSD
There isn't much to the package, but at least you don't need a razor blade to open it, the plastic shell just pulls apart.
The back of the package gives us some general information about the drive and the 3-year warranty.
What you see is what you get...
... but for just $369.99 this is really all you need. 1TB of flash goodness packaged in a 7mm housing so it will work in Ultrabooks and notebooks that require the reduced height.
This is the first time we've found sixteen NAND flash packages paired with the SMI SM2246EN controller.
The SM2246EN controller has been around for around a year now and we've found it to be reliable. The only use we know of is a single firmware release that used more power than the others. The fix for that was released to manufacturers before the Reactor hit the market.
Mushkin used two packages of Samsung's sixth generation DDR3 that uses 1.35v and runs at 1600MHz for the Reactor.
Mushkin used Micron L95B flash for the Reactor. That is Micron 16nm 128Gbit, the same flash used in the MX100 from Crucial.
This is also the first time we've seen the PCB double as the SATA power and data connector on an SSD. Mushkin may have found a way to shave a few cents off each drive produced using this method.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Shazam's first trailer injects fun, and color into the DCEU
- DC unleashes first Aquaman trailer during SDCC 2018
- GeForce GTX 1170 benchmark surfaces, faster than GTX 1080 Ti
- Escape the 'Isle of Dogs' in our Blu-ray giveaway!
- Apple's new MacBook Pro SEVERELY THROTTLES from Core i9 heat
- Design a Colorful SSD contest
- NZXT Kraken M22 CPU Cooler Review
- Question about ASROCK 970 Extreme3 1.0
- MSI X470 Gaming M7 AC (AMD X470) Motherboard Review
- ASROCK C2750D4I BMC Self Test Failure
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit