Test System Setup
To see our testing methodology, and to find out what goes into making our charts, please refer to our CPU Cooler Testing and Methodology article for that information.
With stock level load applied to the Okeanos, we find it resulted in an average of 50.25 degrees across multiple runs. Falling just slightly behind the Noctua NH-D15 and GamerStorm Assassin is a great showing for Reeven, and it does top the performance of the majority of air coolers on that list.
With the overclock applied, and many tests run, we found the average temperature to be 70 degrees flat. It closes the gap to the Noctua NH-D15, as it becomes the number two air cooling solution in our chart.
Noise Level Results
With the voltage limited, and the fans cruising at 1275 and 1100 RPMs (for the 120mm and 140mm fans respectively), we find the noise level to be plainly audible, but still tolerable at 38 dB.
Just for reference, these are also very close to the speeds that the adapters would provide, so this could also be as loud as the cooler would ever get with them installed.
The Okeanos suffers in the same department as the Ouranos, and that is here in the full speed fan testing. Where all the other coolers in this segment can do what they do with much less noise, Reeven throws silence to the wind, and allows the cooler to get to 62 dB while under full stress.
As for the fans, the 120mm fan reported speeds of 1900 RPMs, and the 140mm fan spun at 1650 RPMs with 12V running through them.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging]
- Page 3 [Reeven Okeanos RC-1402 CPU Cooler]
- Page 4 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 5 [Installation and Finished Product]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup, Thermal Tests and Noise Results]
- Page 7 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Bitcoin flashes past $19,000: could have $20K by Christmas
- Because science: sperm used to deliver cancer drug to tumors
- Battlegrounds replay function tested ahead of v1.0 release
- Samsung's mid-range 2018 phones might feature 18:9 displays
- Far Cry 5's new trailer drops, shows off 'The Resistance'
- Patriot Viper V570 Blackout Gaming Mouse Review
- Cougar Puri TKL Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- OWC Mercury Helios 3 Thunderbolt 3 Enclosure Review
- Mionix Wei Ice Cream Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- Unable to use all 3 M.2's for RAID 0
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series