Test System Setup
To see our testing methodology, and to find out what goes into making our charts, please refer to our CPU Cooler Testing and Methodology article for that information.
With stock level load applied to the Okeanos, we find it resulted in an average of 50.25 degrees across multiple runs. Falling just slightly behind the Noctua NH-D15 and GamerStorm Assassin is a great showing for Reeven, and it does top the performance of the majority of air coolers on that list.
With the overclock applied, and many tests run, we found the average temperature to be 70 degrees flat. It closes the gap to the Noctua NH-D15, as it becomes the number two air cooling solution in our chart.
Noise Level Results
With the voltage limited, and the fans cruising at 1275 and 1100 RPMs (for the 120mm and 140mm fans respectively), we find the noise level to be plainly audible, but still tolerable at 38 dB.
Just for reference, these are also very close to the speeds that the adapters would provide, so this could also be as loud as the cooler would ever get with them installed.
The Okeanos suffers in the same department as the Ouranos, and that is here in the full speed fan testing. Where all the other coolers in this segment can do what they do with much less noise, Reeven throws silence to the wind, and allows the cooler to get to 62 dB while under full stress.
As for the fans, the 120mm fan reported speeds of 1900 RPMs, and the 140mm fan spun at 1650 RPMs with 12V running through them.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging]
- Page 3 [Reeven Okeanos RC-1402 CPU Cooler]
- Page 4 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 5 [Installation and Finished Product]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup, Thermal Tests and Noise Results]
- Page 7 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Valve wants to use your brain as a controller
- Two new Nintendo Switch models to release around summer 2019
- Mortal Kombat 11: Noob Saibot/Shang Tsung added to roster
- Apple's TV service charges $9.99ea for HBO, Showtime, Starz
- Unlock Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice PC framerate with this mod
- ASrock X99 Extreme4 - adding NVMe SSD
- Global web designing
- Do anyone can help in converting Outlook PST Files into EML format
- Icy Dock flexiDock MB524SP-B Review - 4x 2.5" SATA, 5.25 Bay
- Icy Dock flexiDock MB795SP-B Review - 3.5" & 2.5" Single Bay
- Numskull Designs proudly reveals: Official Mortal Kombat Klassic merchandise
- Akuto: Showdown - fast-paced arena brawler game with swords and guns
- Creative Destruction and Transformers' Bumblebee Team Up for In-Game Event Arriving March 28
- Corpse Party: Sweet Sachiko's Hysteric Birthday Bash Invites You to Celebrate When it Releases April 10 on PC
- PUBG Mobile Reveals Its 2019 eSports Plans Which Will Feature A Prize Pool of $2.5 million USD