128k Sequential Read/Write
128k sequential speed reflects the maximum sequential throughput of the SSD, and is indicative of performance in OLAP, batch processing, streaming, content delivery applications, and backup scenarios.
The SM843T averages 457 MB/s at 256 OIO. The SM843 pulls ahead with an average of 528MB/s. The Micron P400M averages 414 MB/s, while the Intel DC S3700 delivers an average of 474 MB/s.
The SM843 provides the lowest overall sequential read latency.
Sequential write performance is important in tasks such as caching, replication, HPC, and database logging. The SM843T is second in this test, with a speed of 380 MB/s. The SM843 leads with 501 MB/s, the P400M averages 314MB/s, and the DC S3700 scores 360 MB/s.
Once again, the closest competitor for the SM843T in some situations is the SM843.
The SM843T is very competitive in mixed sequential workloads, winning the majority of the read/write mixtures.
The SM843T averages a miserly 3.31 watts, the SM843 averages 3.65 watts, the P400M averages 5.8 watts, and the DC S3700 averages 4.28 watts.
The SM843T averages 114 MB/s per watt; the SM843 averages 136 MB/s per watt; the P400M averages 54 MB/s per watt; and the DC S3700 averages 82 MB/s per watt.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Samsung SM843T Internals and Specifications]
- Page 3 [Test System and Methodology]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - 4k Random Read/Write]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - 8k Random Read/Write]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - 128k Sequential Read/Write]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Database/OLTP and Web Server]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Email Server]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds will 'soon' get map selection
- Australian High Court REJECTS Valves appeal to $3M fine
- Skyrim Special Edition - 4K and 8K textures mods available
- God of War director reads reviews on video, shows true heart
- Witcher 3 mod allows Geralt to go full Benjamin Button
- Possible Router Issues
- ADATA Premier Memory Cards
- Can't complete BIOS recovery
- Sonnet eGFX Breakaway Puck RX570 Review
- Akitio Thunder3 10G Network Adapter
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit