Fractal Design Core 3300 Mid-Tower Chassis
The front bezel of the Core 3300 protrudes in the middle, and we see the bay that covers the majority of the plastic has a brushed look to it. There are wide strips of mesh to both sides that allow for the intake to the chassis; these also deflect the noise produced behind them.
At the top of the bezel, where the bezel meets the top of the chassis, we find the front I/O panel. From left to right, we see the power button, the reset button, the HDD Activity LED, a pair of 3.5mm HD audio jacks, and it ends with a pair of USB 3.0 ports for easy connectivity.
The top of the chassis is an expanse of steel that is solid near the front, but opens up over the motherboard with large honeycomb mesh that is punched out for optional fan placement.
Rather than just offering a plain, flat left side panel, Fractal decides to offer a ventilation option for the video cards. Even if you decide not to place a fan here, there is a passive inflow of air here when the chassis fans are running, so it will still offer some cooling as-is.
At the back, we see the top of the chassis is ventilated, and offers more room for water cooling. Below that is the rear I/O, and a 140mm fan is hanging next to it. We also get seven white expansion slot covers, leaving the PSU and lower dust filter at the bottom.
The right side of the chassis is flat and plain -just a painted sheet of steel. Although, with 22mm of room between this panel and the motherboard tray on the inside, there is no need for a bump or any other odd shaping.
Under the chassis, we find four round feet placed near the corners to solidly support the Core 3300. We put the dust filter back to show it covers not only the PSU, but the optional fan location in the floor as well. There are some extra holes near the front, but in this design, they go unused.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging]
- Page 3 [Fractal Design Core 3300 Mid-Tower Chassis]
- Page 4 [Inside the Core 3300]
- Page 5 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 6 [Case Build and Finished Product]
- Page 7 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Arena brawler 'My Hero One's Justice' announced for Switch
- DOOM Rebooted will get a physical deluxe soundtrack release
- Radical Heights - first patch, new gun/performance increases
- Sea of Thieves patch 1.0.4, Rares attempt at stability
- Insomniacs Spider-Man leaked screenshots tease two villains
- AMD Ryzen 7 2700X and Ryzen 5 2600X Review
- FSP CMT510 RGB Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- I'm need help from GA-X79S-UP5-WIFI
- Investigation: m.2 Heatsinks, are they worth it?
- FS 30 Pieces Samsung Galaxy S9+ (www.BizFests.com) 64GB $7,740
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit