Accessories and Documentation
Here we have the Intel mounting hardware. There is a large ring with a pair of tabs on it to allow the AMD locking hardware to work with Intel sockets. There are sleeves that need to be inserted into the ring that allow users to change between LGA775 mounting, or LGA115X. Once the sleeves are in the ring, and the ring is set on the motherboard, there are pins that drive through the sleeves and lock this all onto the motherboard.
Here you can see the sleeve that is inserted into the ring in the side of the opening marked LGA1156. If you wanted to install this on a 775 CPU, then the sleeves would need to go into the grooves closer to the inner ring.
Inside of the hardware box, we also found this pair of wire fan clips to attach the fan to the cooler. We are also given a small tube of thermal paste that is good for two or three mounting attempts.
The manual for the Sella is pretty basic, but then again, so is the installation process. The front of the guide shows a rendering of the cooler off to the left, and to the right we find a parts list so you can be sure you have everything needed to continue on to the installation.
This side takes you step-by-step through the entire process of installing the cooler for Intel at the top, and AMD at the bottom. For AMD, things are very simple. Just add some TIM, clip the stock hardware to an AMD mounting bracket, and plug in the fan. Then you are good to go. For Intel, the ring, sleeves, and pins need mounted to the board, then mount it like an AMD socket.
Inside of the larger box, we find the 92mm fan with its seven wide blades that allow it to force airflow through the fins of the cooler. We also see there is a four-pin connection on the end of a black sleeved cable, which matches the fan blades and frame.
There is no sticker on the back of the fan hub to define the model number of this fan, but we do see that there are four rubber pads. There is one pad placed in each corner to isolate the fan from the aluminum fins.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging]
- Page 3 [Alpenfoehn Sella CPU Cooler]
- Page 4 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 5 [Installation and Finished Product]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup, Thermal Tests, and Noise Results]
- Page 7 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds will 'soon' get map selection
- Australian High Court REJECTS Valves appeal to $3M fine
- Skyrim Special Edition - 4K and 8K textures mods available
- God of War director reads reviews on video, shows true heart
- Witcher 3 mod allows Geralt to go full Benjamin Button
- FS 40 Pieces Samsung Galaxy S9+ (www.BizFests.com) 128GB $8,520
- Legacy Mode
- Possible Router Issues
- ADATA Premier Memory Cards
- Can't complete BIOS recovery
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit