Power consumption is measured at the wall with a blank Word document open and the monitor on as bright as it can go.
In comparison to the other three monitors we've had the pleasure of reviewing, the ASUS PB287Q consumes the most power. However, this isn't exactly a fair comparison as the other three monitors were all 1080p models.
This 4K monitor is larger and has four times the amount of pixels to drive as the other monitors.
We use a LX1010B light meter to measure brightness in Lux. The monitor is placed in the center of the screen on a blank Word document with the monitor at full brightness.
As you can see in the chart above, the PB287Q produced a middle-of-the-road score of 377 Lux. It's not the lowest we've seen, but it is in the bottom half of the pack. It should be noted, however, that 377 Lux is more than plenty for most tasks. Quite frankly, the 541 Lux of the AOC G2460 was absolutely blinding as tuned to its maximum settings.
We use this as a way to measure a monitor's efficiency. It is simply the monitor's brightness divided by its power draw.
As you can see above, the PB287Q produces a paltry 10.2 Lux-per-Watt. Again, this isn't the fairest of comparisons, so we'll hold off our judgment of efficiency until we get more 4K displays in for review.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Bitcoin flashes past $19,000: could have $20K by Christmas
- Because science: sperm used to deliver cancer drug to tumors
- Battlegrounds replay function tested ahead of v1.0 release
- Samsung's mid-range 2018 phones might feature 18:9 displays
- Far Cry 5's new trailer drops, shows off 'The Resistance'
- Patriot Viper V570 Blackout Gaming Mouse Review
- Cougar Puri TKL Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- OWC Mercury Helios 3 Thunderbolt 3 Enclosure Review
- Mionix Wei Ice Cream Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- Unable to use all 3 M.2's for RAID 0
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series