HD Tune Pro - Sequential Performance
Version and / or Patch Used: 4.55
Today, we're using the 512GB capacity size charts, but we're added the Plextor M6e 256GB to the mix.
I think this chart really shows the sequential read performance differences between the Samsung XP941, what we expect from M.2 PCIe 2-lane devices, and the normal SATA SSDs on the market today. The Samsung XP941 is a significant leap in storage performance.
The sequential write performance chart shows the same significant leap forward. The Plextor M6e is faster than the SATA protocol drives, but the leap is only around 100 MB/s. The Samsung XP941 is around 200 MB/s faster using 64kB blocks like what this test uses.
HD Tach - Sequential Write Performance after Random Writes
Version and / or Patch Used: 188.8.131.52
After running the XP941 through write tests with random data, we ran HD Tach to measure sequential performance with 128kB blocks. The write performance dropped to just over 400 MB/s at the lowest point. We've used the same random workload and had performance drop to less than 10 MB/s on some SATA drives.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Pricing and Availability]
- Page 3 [Samsung XP941 512GB M.2 SSD]
- Page 4 [Test System Setup and ATTO Baseline Performance]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Sequential Performance]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Anvil Storage Utilities]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - PCMark Vantage (Drives with Data Testing)]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - PCMark 8 Consistency Test]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - PCMark 8 Consistency Test - Continued]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Nuts and Bolts]
- Page 11 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Former Facebook exec: Bitcoin will reach $1 million
- AMD Ryzen APU with Vega GPU leaked, but is already available
- Battlegrounds hits nearly 500,000 players on Xbox One so far
- Take-Two will publish Obsidian's new Fallout creator-led RPG
- Andriod lollipop users now have Google Assistant
- Cougar Puri TKL Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- OWC Mercury Helios 3 Thunderbolt 3 Enclosure Review
- Mionix Wei Ice Cream Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- Unable to use all 3 M.2's for RAID 0
- AMD Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition Drivers Detailed
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series