HYDRA Reference Board
Our HYDRA SATA Bridge reference board came with a SAS-to-SATA cable for connection of the board to a standard SATA port. Devices featuring the IPA-SA117A-BR utilize a SATA 6Gb/s connection in actual deployment.
We note the two Micron 1Gb DDR3-1333 DRAM cache modules to the right of the controller. Four SATA connectors line the bottom of the PCB, and two Molex connections are available to supply power on the right edge.
For testing, we connected four 200GB Intel DC S3700 SSDs to the HYDRA Bridge.
At LSI's AIS 2013 event, we spied a working prototype of a HYDRA device in Avant's booth. Avant manufactures SSD solutions under their own name, as well as for other manufacturers. It is possible that we could see this same device branded through several different companies. This 2TB device has four separate SSD controllers working in concert with the HYDRA solution in a 2.5" SSD with a 15mm z-height.
We observe the plethora of power capacitors on the top of this custom three-PCB SSD.
The three PCBs are densely stacked to provide copious capacity in a slim device.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Assassin's Creed Origins: DLC 'The Hidden Ones' trailer
- PUBG to ban over 100,000 cheaters in one single wave
- Google hires ex PlayStation and Xbox executive Phil Harrison
- Dragon Ball FighterZ gets launch trailer days before release
- Rust will leave Steam Early Access on February 8
- Intel 760P 512GB M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD Review
- Samsung 860 Pro 1TB SATA III SSD Review
- Z270-HD3 F8 bios and advanced frequency settings not available...
- Spectre Bios Updates
- Lian-Li PC-O11 WW Feedback and O11 Air Feedback
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top