Anvil Storage Utilities
Version and / or Patch Used: RC6
So what is Anvil Storage Utilities? First of all, it's a storage benchmark for SSDs and HDDs where you can check and monitor your performance. The Standard Storage Benchmark performs a series of tests, you can run a full test or just the read or the write test or you can run a single test, i.e. 4K DQ16.
Anvil Storage Utilities is not officially available yet but we've been playing with the beta for several months now. The author, Anvil on several international forums has been updating the software steadily and is adding new features every couple of months.
The software is used several different ways and to show different aspects for each drive. We've chosen to use this software to show the performance of a drive with two different data sets. The first is with compressible data and the second data set is incompressible data. Several users have requested this data in our SSD reviews.
0-Fill Compressible Data
Unlike Vertex 2 and Vertex 3, Vertex 450 doesn't manage compressible and incompressible data differently, so the performance stays the same, regardless of what types of files you work with.
Read IOPS through Queue Depth Scale
With the same flash and a controller that is very close to the Vector 150, the Vertex 450 compares very well to the flagship OCZ offering. In our read IOPS test, the Vector 460 is actually a little faster. Again, OCZ has had a little more time to refine the firmware and we haven't retested Vector 150 with the latest firmware.
Scaling Write IOPS through Queue Scale
Vertex 460 has the highest QD1 IOPS performance we've achieved with a 2.5" drive to date.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Pricing and Availability]
- Page 3 [Packaging and Accessories]
- Page 4 [OCZ Vertex 460 240GB SSD]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and ATTO Baseline Performance]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Sequential Performance]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - AIDA64 Random Access Time]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Anvil Storage Utilities]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - CrystalDiskMark]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - PCMark Vantage Hard Disk Tests]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - PCMark Vantage - Drives with Data Testing]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - PCMark 8 Hard Disk Tests]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - DiskBench]
- Page 14 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Director does Ultimate Q&A
- Game of Thrones Season 8: 'longer than 60 min' each episode
- Assassin's Creed Odyssey Nov patch: New Boss/Quests & More
- Fortnite update intros 'Food Fight' Limited Time Mode, more
- MSI debuts GeForce RTX 2070 AERO ITX, the first small Turing
- Netgear Insight Business Storage and Networking Management
- EML to PST Converter
- ASRock DeskMini 310 SFF PC Review
- Q87m-e/csm & ddr3 1600 ram
- 'Ring of Elysium' launches three-tier security system
- eZuce Vibe is Powered by Oracle Cloud and Now Available in the Oracle Cloud Marketplace
- GlobalSign Launches Global Partner Program to Advance Enterprise Growth
- ADAMA and Pessl Instruments Signed Agreement for Global Partnership
- TYAN Showcases HPC, Storage and Cloud Server Platforms