As you can see by looking at the motherboard, space is a premium. The main CPU socket area does not have a lot of room around it, but a stock Intel heat sink fits very nicely. It does come pretty close to the RAM modules, but we found no real clearance issues. The power supply circuits sit right under the heat sink, and gain some airflow from the heat sink fan to keep them cool.
The left side of the motherboard shows the PCIe 2.0 slot, and the mSATA connector. Even though there are only 4x SATA ports (2 x SATA3 and 2 x SATA2) for a board like this, this is more than enough.
The left side of the back I/O panel has the VESA Display port, and HDMI connectors. The next two stacks show two GB LAN ports. Under those, there are two USB 3.0 (blue), and two USB 2.0 (black) ports. Next, we find the DVI-I video port, and two COM ports, followed by the audio outputs.
The left side of the motherboard has the PCIe slot, and the bulk of the jumpers.
Starting on the left side of the picture, jumpers #1 and #2 are JI2C1, and JI2C2. These are the SMB, to PCIe Slot jumpers, which allow you to select options for the System Management Bus (SMB) to PCIe, and PCI slots.
#3 is the Watch Dog reset jumper.
#4 is BIOS recovery.
#5 is Front Panel Audio Enable.
#6 is ME Manufacturing Mode, which allows the user to flash the firmware from a host server.
#7 is USB Wake up, which allows the user to press a keyboard or mouse to wake up the system, or to disable this feature.
#8 is Onboard Speaker jumper, which can be set to internal, or external.
At the very far right, we see the COM4 header block.
Here is a front left, top down, view of the X10SLV, which shows the various header locations, and the Intel H81 Express chipset location.
On the far left is the BIOS chip installed in a socket, and right below that is the COM4 header.
Next is a USB Type A (2.0) connector, followed by a header block for USB 4 and USB5, and then the 2x SATA3 and 2x SATA2 connectors.
Right along the left side of the front edge, we find a fan header, and below that, the COM3 header block.
The next row has the COM5 header block, and below that is the header block for the front panel controls. The last three headers are: the GPIO (general-purpose I/O) header, a fan header, and the TPM header (trusted platform module).
Finally, the last white header is a SMB connector.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Motherboard Specifications]
- Page 3 [Motherboard Layout]
- Page 4 [BIOS]
- Page 5 [Test System Setup]
- Page 6 [System Benchmarks]
- Page 7 [CPU Benchmarks]
- Page 8 [Memory Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [Total System Power Use]
- Page 10 [NAS Tests]
- Page 11 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- AMD partners still don't have Vega GPUs for custom cards
- AMD's next-gen Vega: made on 12nm FinFET, coming in 2018
- $150 copy of NBA 2K18 costs half of Switch console price
- Xbox's Phil Spencer promoted to vice president of gaming
- HTC ceases stock trading, takeover likely
- Using Netgear wndr3700 as router extender problem
- A Look at AMD's Threadripper CPU Hardware Modes
- Plextor M8Se 256GB & 512GB NVMe PCIe SSD Review
- ad240ehdgmbox on m3a785gmh/128m mainboard?
- 8K benched: RX Vega 64 vs. GTX 1080 Ti vs. TITAN Xp SLI
- In Win Launches 'Wood-infused' 305 Mid-Tower PC Chassis
- Micron appoints Anand Jayapalan as Storage Business Unit Vice President
- Bluehole, Inc and Microsoft announce expanded partnership for PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds
- Optimize system performance with new drive adapter
- Lian Li reveals new PC-Q39 tempered glass Mini-ITX tower