As you can see by looking at the motherboard, space is a premium. The main CPU socket area does not have a lot of room around it, but a stock Intel heat sink fits very nicely. It does come pretty close to the RAM modules, but we found no real clearance issues. The power supply circuits sit right under the heat sink, and gain some airflow from the heat sink fan to keep them cool.
The left side of the motherboard shows the PCIe 2.0 slot, and the mSATA connector. Even though there are only 4x SATA ports (2 x SATA3 and 2 x SATA2) for a board like this, this is more than enough.
The left side of the back I/O panel has the VESA Display port, and HDMI connectors. The next two stacks show two GB LAN ports. Under those, there are two USB 3.0 (blue), and two USB 2.0 (black) ports. Next, we find the DVI-I video port, and two COM ports, followed by the audio outputs.
The left side of the motherboard has the PCIe slot, and the bulk of the jumpers.
Starting on the left side of the picture, jumpers #1 and #2 are JI2C1, and JI2C2. These are the SMB, to PCIe Slot jumpers, which allow you to select options for the System Management Bus (SMB) to PCIe, and PCI slots.
#3 is the Watch Dog reset jumper.
#4 is BIOS recovery.
#5 is Front Panel Audio Enable.
#6 is ME Manufacturing Mode, which allows the user to flash the firmware from a host server.
#7 is USB Wake up, which allows the user to press a keyboard or mouse to wake up the system, or to disable this feature.
#8 is Onboard Speaker jumper, which can be set to internal, or external.
At the very far right, we see the COM4 header block.
Here is a front left, top down, view of the X10SLV, which shows the various header locations, and the Intel H81 Express chipset location.
On the far left is the BIOS chip installed in a socket, and right below that is the COM4 header.
Next is a USB Type A (2.0) connector, followed by a header block for USB 4 and USB5, and then the 2x SATA3 and 2x SATA2 connectors.
Right along the left side of the front edge, we find a fan header, and below that, the COM3 header block.
The next row has the COM5 header block, and below that is the header block for the front panel controls. The last three headers are: the GPIO (general-purpose I/O) header, a fan header, and the TPM header (trusted platform module).
Finally, the last white header is a SMB connector.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Motherboard Specifications]
- Page 3 [Motherboard Layout]
- Page 4 [BIOS]
- Page 5 [Test System Setup]
- Page 6 [System Benchmarks]
- Page 7 [CPU Benchmarks]
- Page 8 [Memory Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [Total System Power Use]
- Page 10 [NAS Tests]
- Page 11 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Razer release two new headsets to the Hammerhead range
- EVGA reveal the DG-7 mid-tower gaming PC case range
- GIGABYTE announces Aorus K9 optical switch gaming keyboard
- Samsung might have accidentally teased foldable Galaxy X
- Uber taps Volvo, adds 24,000 self-driving cars to its gang
- Mean:It 5PM ARC Blue Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- Intel 15.X series Raid Rom compatible with X99??
- Intel Optane SSD 900P 280GB & 480GB AIC NVMe PCIe SSD Review
- p8z77-v Deluxe won't boot after new install of Win 10
- Secretlab OMEGA 2018 gaming chair: the new king is here
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series
- ASUS Republic of Gamers Announces Swift PG27VQ