Supermicro has released a powerful Mini-ITX motherboard that jams a whole lot of features into a very small motherboard. We can see this product working as a Point of Sale (POS) machine, an industrial PC, and in some situations, as an applications server, or workstation. We can even see this motherboard being used for home systems that can run office applications, and even play many games.
Industrial and POS systems usually require a fair amount of COM ports, in order to handle all different types of devices, and this motherboard has five in total. This gives it good compatibility, and the ability to handle all kinds of legacy type devices.
Most OEM or system integrators will typically purchase complete systems that build on a motherboard like this. We also see a growing trend of users who prefer systems that do not take up a lot of desk space, and this motherboard can fit in a very small enclosure.
Low-power systems are also important these days; this not only keeps things cooler, but it saves on power bills too.
The X10SLV motherboard meets all of these requirements, so let us take a closer look at this new Haswell Xeon supporting, workstation motherboard from Supermicro.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Motherboard Specifications]
- Page 3 [Motherboard Layout]
- Page 4 [BIOS]
- Page 5 [Test System Setup]
- Page 6 [System Benchmarks]
- Page 7 [CPU Benchmarks]
- Page 8 [Memory Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [Total System Power Use]
- Page 10 [NAS Tests]
- Page 11 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Hello Games on No Man's Sky launch: we shared too much info
- Shazam's first trailer injects fun, and color into the DCEU
- DC unleashes first Aquaman trailer during SDCC 2018
- GeForce GTX 1170 benchmark surfaces, faster than GTX 1080 Ti
- Escape the 'Isle of Dogs' in our Blu-ray giveaway!
- HELP With a Sniper.2 Z68 bios U1C, won't boot with discrete VGA
- Z97X-SLI doesn't recognize NVME-SSD
- Design a Colorful SSD contest
- NZXT Kraken M22 CPU Cooler Review
- Question about ASROCK 970 Extreme3 1.0
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit