Moving away from the package and onto the card itself, you can see a fairly standard setup thanks to the Twin Frozr IV cooler taking up majority of the card. You can also see the really good looking black and red color scheme that comes with the all the Gaming series cards.
Behind the two big fans, you can also see the massive heatsink that covers majority of the PCB, along with a couple of heat pipes coming out the bottom of the card to move heat away from the GPU.
Looking around the card, you can see that power comes in the form of single 8-pin and 6-pin PCIe power connectors. Staying across the top of the card and moving closer to the front, you can see the CrossFire connectors, which we're going to be making use of today.
Just to the left of the CrossFire connectors, you can see a switch that lets you change between two BIOSs that are installed on the card. If you don't have a motherboard that supports the UEFI BIOS, you can switch to the other BIOS.
We've got a single Dual-Link DVI connector, along with a HDMI and two Mini DisplayPort connectors. You can see that MSI has chosen to drop the second Dual-Link DVI connector to throw a second DisplayPort connector in the form of a Mini DisplayPort.
As we mentioned already, the cards we're dealing with are pre-overclocked out of the box. A reference R9 280X 3GB comes out of the box with a 1000MHz core, while the 3GB of GDDR5 comes in at 6000MHz QDR.
Looking above, you can see that MSI has chosen to leave the memory clock alone, but bump the core clock slightly by 50MHz to 1050MHz. The other main piece of information we see here is that CrossFire is of course enabled via 2 GPUs.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.com
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.co.uk
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.com.au
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.ca
Deutschland: Finde andere Technik- und Computerprodukte wie dieses auf Amazon.de
- Page 1 [Introduction and Package]
- Page 2 [The Card and Specifications]
- Page 3 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - 3DMark 11]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - 3DMark Fire Strike]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Unigine Heaven Benchmark]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Phantasy Star Online 2]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Lost Planet 2]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Just Cause 2]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - F1 2012]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Metro Last Light]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - Dirt Showdown]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - Nexuiz]
- Page 14 [Benchmarks - Sniper Elite V2]
- Page 15 [Benchmarks - Sleeping Dogs]
- Page 16 [Benchmarks - Far Cry 2]
- Page 17 [Benchmarks - Hitman Absolution]
- Page 18 [Benchmarks - Tomb Raider]
- Page 19 [Benchmarks - BioShock Infinite]
- Page 20 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 21 [Temperature Test]
- Page 22 [Sound Test]
- Page 23 [Power Consumption Test]
- Page 24 [Pricing, Availability and Final Thoughts]