CrossFire and SLI are both technologies that have really come so far since their introductions, but we really don't get a chance to test the technology nearly as much as we'd like. Fortunately today, though, we've got a chance to test out CrossFire on a pair of the new AMD Radeon R Series video cards.
The particular cards we're looking at today are the R9 280X 3GB offerings that comes from MSI and are part of the Twin Frozr Gaming series, which is one that has really impressed us since its introduction. We're also really glad to have the R9 280X 3GB as our first CrossFire setup. The other day we got the chance to check out the Sapphire R9 280X 3GB TOXIC and found ourselves really impressed with what the new model was able to do.
Today, though, is all about the MSI R9 280X 3GB Twin Frozr OC cards and we're looking forward to see what kind of performance CrossFire brings with the latest models.
Let's take a closer look at one of the cards, before we move into the performance side of things.
You can see the standard Twin Frozr Gaming color scheme here. You can see the model number in the top right corner and mention that we're dealing with an OC Edition in the bottom left corner.
Turning over you can see some of the main features including Military Class 4 components which bring with it Hi-C Caps and Solid Capacitors. Along with that, we've got support for the MSI Gaming App, Advanced Thermal Design via the Twin Frozr IV cooler and mention of UEFI BIOS support via the included switch that we'll take a closer look at in just a moment.
Moving inside the package, you can see we've got a fairly standard with a quick user guide and driver CD. We've also got dual Molex to 6-pin PCIe and 6-pin to 8-pin PCIe connectors, DVI to VGA connector, CrossFire bridge and a mini DisplayPort to DisplayPort connector.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Package]
- Page 2 [The Card and Specifications]
- Page 3 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - 3DMark 11]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - 3DMark Fire Strike]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Unigine Heaven Benchmark]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Phantasy Star Online 2]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Lost Planet 2]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Just Cause 2]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - F1 2012]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Metro Last Light]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - Dirt Showdown]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - Nexuiz]
- Page 14 [Benchmarks - Sniper Elite V2]
- Page 15 [Benchmarks - Sleeping Dogs]
- Page 16 [Benchmarks - Far Cry 2]
- Page 17 [Benchmarks - Hitman Absolution]
- Page 18 [Benchmarks - Tomb Raider]
- Page 19 [Benchmarks - BioShock Infinite]
- Page 20 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 21 [Temperature Test]
- Page 22 [Sound Test]
- Page 23 [Power Consumption Test]
- Page 24 [Pricing, Availability and Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Players will unlock Smash Bros. Ultimate's roster rapidly
- Skyrim composer raises hand for Lord of The Rings TV show
- Star Citizen passes huge $200 million crowdfunding milestone
- PS5: 8-core AMD Ryzen CPU, Navi GPU, 4K 60FPS solid and $500
- Apple's new MacBook Pro with Vega GPU out, costs up to $7049
- NeueChair Review: Redefining The Modern Office Chair
- Crucial P1 500GB NVMe SSD - $100 NVMe
- 'Koala Stoner Noir' Free Demo Released Today. Full Game Updated With New Map Location And Cinema Experience
- TRENDnet launches long-range PoE+ switches
- ADATA Launches Ultimate SU630 3D QLC NAND SSD
- Razer announces the BlackWidow Lite
- ASUS ROG Announces ROG Strix Radeon RX 590 Graphics Card