SMART CloudSpeed 1000E Internals
The SMART CloudSpeed 1000E comes in a 7.5mm z-height metal casing. The 2.5-inch 7.5mm form factor is well suited for slim applications.
The case comes apart easily once four screws are removed. The thermal pad actually sets flush with the PCB on the opposite side of the controller, wicking heat away from the rear through the BGA mounting.
The rear of the PCB holds eight of the BGA-mounted 32GB NAND packages. The Toshiba NAND is actually jointly manufactured with SanDisk through their Flash Forward venture.
Power loss protection comes in the form of five capacitors on the bottom edge of the PCB, and an additional 15 emplacements on the rear of the PCB. This provides the SSD with enough power hold-up to flush data to the lower NAND pages. There are two DRAM packages, for a total of 512MB, above the Marvell controller.
The CloudSpeed 1000 marks a switch from the LSI SandForce controller with the CloudSpeed 500 to the Marvell 88SS9187-BLD2. This key step allows more flexibility for firmware customization, an important consideration for deploying the custom SMART firmware that allows the Guardian Suite to provide a 5X improvement in endurance over client SSDs.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Pre-order Super Smash Bros. Ultimate/GameCube Controller now
- Hollow Knight for Switch, Gods & Glory free DLC details
- Resident Evil 2 remake PC requirements announced
- Gears of War 5 on PC scales incredibly well, up to 120FPS
- Red Dead Redemption 2 may come to PC
- AMD Ryzen 7 2700 and Ryzen 5 2600 Review
- Best SSD For Gaming: Over 120 SSDs Tested!
- Vampyr Review: Bloody Rare
- ASROCK X370 and MB STICKS
- Aten Thunderbolt 3 Multiport Dock
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit