Specifications, Pricing and Availability
Crucial claims sequential performance of 500MB/s read and 250MB/s write. This is close to double the write performance of the 120GB M500. Claimed IOPS performance is 72K read and 60K write, also close to double the write performance of the 120GB model.
There are four capacity sizes for the M500 series - 120GB, 240GB 480GB and a massive 960GB model. The three smallest capacity sizes come in three different form factors - 2.5", mSATA and Crucial will soon release an NGFF form factor. We've already reviewed the 120GB and 960GB 2.5" models.
Not shown on the specifications list is Crucial's new encryption support. This works with various software packages like Microsoft's Bit Locker and other TCG Opal compliant packages, like Wave.
At the time of writing, the Crucial M500 240GB costs $199.99 at Tiger Direct. This is a drive only package that only ships with a 7mm to 9.5mm adapter. The M500 ships with a three year warranty.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.com
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.co.uk
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.com.au
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.ca
Deutschland: Finde andere Technik- und Computerprodukte wie dieses auf Amazon.de
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Pricing and Availability]
- Page 3 [Crucial M500 240GB SSD]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and ATTO Baseline Performance]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Sequential Performance]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - AIDA64 Random Access Time]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Anvil Storage Utilities]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - CrystalDiskMark]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - PCMark Vantage Hard Disk Tests]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - PCMark Vantage - Drives with Data Testing]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - DiskBench]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - Power and Thermal Testing]
- Page 13 [Final Thoughts]