WD Se Internals
The WD Se comes in a 3.5" form factor and has a SATA 6Gb/s connection. The PCB is fastened with multiple screws on the bottom of the drive. The drive has five platters, with 800GB per platter, on the 4TB model we are testing.
When we remove the PCB, we observe the thermal padding in the interior of the HDD. This allows PCB components to shed heat into the interior of the drive.
The Samsung cache chip holds 64 MB of cache buffer, and the Marvell 88i9346-TFJ2 controller sets atop the other components.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- H1Z1 Pro League to kick-off in 2018
- Blizzard ban World of Warcraft cheaters
- Qualcomm the first to test 5G, debuts 5G reference phone
- Marvel unleashes the official trailer to Black Panther
- Overwatch now has over 35 million players
- COLORFUL iGame GeForce GTX 1080 Vulcan X OC Review
- South Park: The Fractured But Hole Review
- NVIDIA locks overclocking in GeForce GTX 1070 Ti
- MSI GeForce GTX 1080 Ti GAMING X TRIO: Unboxed
- Fans keep spinning after shutdown (X299 UD4)
- G.SKILL Releases Fastest 32GB (4x8GB) Trident Z RGB Memory Kit at DDR4-4266MHz
- ASUS Announces Z370 Series Motherboards
- New Forces Join Popular Team Group Gaming T-FORCE Series
- ECS Elitegroup Announces Z370-Lightsaber Motherboard