We have a wide span of Seagate products to cover today in a number of articles. By now we've broken the new products down in the Seagate 2013 SSD Lineup article is on the front page of TweakTown and we can start with the actual reviews now.
First up is the mid-capacity consumer drive, 600 SSD in 240GB capacity size. This is Seagate's entry to the consumer SSD market, an expected move despite statements made by Seagate's CEO over the last five years.
At this point going forward, the consumer market will have flash. Intel's new ultrabook specifications mandates flash in the data storage path. This comes in the form of either an SSD or a cache SSD paired with mechanical storage. Mechanical drives are quickly being displaced by flash for boot drives and out of box storage, like NAS servers and cloud-based storage are moving into the home.
We have a lot to cover today, so let's get started with the new Seagate 600 SSD specs on the next page.
Last updated: Nov 15, 2019 at 01:16 pm CST
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.com
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.co.uk
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.com.au
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.ca
Deutschland: Finde andere Technik- und Computerprodukte wie dieses auf Amazon.de
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Pricing and Availability]
- Page 3 [Seagate 600 SSD 240GB]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and ATTO Baseline Performance]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Sequential Performance]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - AIDA64 Random Access Time]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Anvil Storage Utilities]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - CrystalDiskMark]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - PCMark Vantage Hard Disk Tests]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - PCMark Vantage - Drives with Data Testing]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - BootRacer]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - DiskBench]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - Power Testing]
- Page 14 [Final Thoughts]