The top mounting bracket is screwed to the top half of the base assembly, and this time instead of chrome springs, the NH-U12S is using black ones that seem a bit stronger than those before it.
This image was taken for two reasons. The first was to try to show the stagger of the pipes as they enter the fins, and the second was simply to show that these fins are all pressed onto the pipes.
The heat pipes are soldered between the two copper plates making up the base. You don't see it on the edges so much since this design requires the pipes to make some pretty tight bends, and they lift away from the base as they exit.
The base of the NH-U12S is milled and left with arched grooves across the entire surface. This base is very true in flatness when a razor is placed on it with little to no deformation near the edges.
I am skipping ahead just a bit, but since the fan does allow for a dual fan approach to cooling, I wanted to show that as well. We will be testing in both configurations.
While the cooler does stretch its depth from 71mm to now 96mm, you will still have room for memory on both sides of this design if you are using LGA2011, and you can populate all four slots on everything else.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- UK official responds to lootbox petition
- Rocket League hosts Halloween event 'Haunted Hallows'
- Team Liquid wins SL i-League Invitational Season 3
- Ex-Naughty Dog developer claims he was sexually harassed
- H1Z1 Pro League to kick-off in 2018
- Thecus® N2350 & N4350 the most affordable Home NAS series now available worldwide
- COLORFUL iGame GeForce GTX 1080 Vulcan X OC Review
- South Park: The Fractured But Hole Review
- NVIDIA locks overclocking in GeForce GTX 1070 Ti
- MSI GeForce GTX 1080 Ti GAMING X TRIO: Unboxed
- EK Water Blocks releases new Slim Series kits
- BIOSTAR releases new RACING Z370GT7 motherboard
- ASRock announces X299E-ITX/ac, world's first mini-ITX LGA2066 motherboard
- Noctua introduces chromax line fans, cables and heat sink covers
- G.SKILL Releases Fastest 32GB (4x8GB) Trident Z RGB Memory Kit at DDR4-4266MHz