The top mounting bracket is screwed to the top half of the base assembly, and this time instead of chrome springs, the NH-U12S is using black ones that seem a bit stronger than those before it.
This image was taken for two reasons. The first was to try to show the stagger of the pipes as they enter the fins, and the second was simply to show that these fins are all pressed onto the pipes.
The heat pipes are soldered between the two copper plates making up the base. You don't see it on the edges so much since this design requires the pipes to make some pretty tight bends, and they lift away from the base as they exit.
The base of the NH-U12S is milled and left with arched grooves across the entire surface. This base is very true in flatness when a razor is placed on it with little to no deformation near the edges.
I am skipping ahead just a bit, but since the fan does allow for a dual fan approach to cooling, I wanted to show that as well. We will be testing in both configurations.
While the cooler does stretch its depth from 71mm to now 96mm, you will still have room for memory on both sides of this design if you are using LGA2011, and you can populate all four slots on everything else.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds will 'soon' get map selection
- Australian High Court REJECTS Valves appeal to $3M fine
- Skyrim Special Edition - 4K and 8K textures mods available
- God of War director reads reviews on video, shows true heart
- Witcher 3 mod allows Geralt to go full Benjamin Button
- ADATA Premier Memory Cards
- Can't complete BIOS recovery
- Sonnet eGFX Breakaway Puck RX570 Review
- Akitio Thunder3 10G Network Adapter
- Can I install a Soundblaster THX TruStudio Pro Snd Crd in my GA-170X-Gaming 7 MoBo?
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit