SilverStone NT06-PRO CPU Cooler
Out of the box and looking it in what I will call the front of the cooler, you can see the aluminum fins are in fact impressed with the SilverStone name and the snowflake logo. You can also see the fins are press fit on the heat pipes, and the pipes are very even across the fins spread.
From the side you can tell there is a large section of uninterrupted fins, but then you find a small section that doesn't come all the way to the outside edge. This allows for access to screws as you install it. You can also see the bends in the pipes, and while the tops are kinked, the bottom bends are much smoother.
From the back of the NT06-PRO you can see the nickel plated heat pipes as they are tightly held into the base, and spread like a fan to take on the even spacing through the fins of the top half. You can also see that the last fin in the stack has the name reversed, and while it may be for show, this rippling of the fin induces turbulence, which is good for efficiency.
The one thing I forgot to mention when we looked at the other identical side is that each fin has a tab that locks into the next, so these evenly spread fins you see now will be able to be maintained for the life of the cooler.
Looking down upon the NT06-PRO, you can see that not only are the fins shaped on the top to allow for fan spacing and pressure building, but on the sides there is a protruding section in the middle to allow the fans to clip to.
The NT06E had a skived pre-cooler here, but that was done away with on the PRO. Here you just have the two solid plates of copper with the pipes soldered in, and four tabs at the top to align the cross-bar of the hardware kit.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [SilverStone NT06-PRO CPU Cooler]
- Page 5 [SilverStone NT06-PRO CPU Cooler Continued]
- Page 6 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 7 [Installation and Finished Product]
- Page 8 [Installation and Finished Product Continued]
- Page 9 [Test System and Thermal Results]
- Page 10 [Noise Level Results]
- Page 11 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Halo 6 microtransactions should be cosmetic-only weapon & armor skins
- No Man's Sky physical re-release includes Beyond expansion and all DLC
- Yakuza 3, 4 and 5 coming to PS4 at 1080p 60FPS
- Modern Warfare supports mouse and keyboard on consoles
- Oddworld: Soulstorm on PC releases exclusively on the Epic Games Store
- Team Group T-Force Cardea Liquid M.2 SSD Review
- Synology DS620slim Six-Bay SFF NAS Review
- LaCie Rugged RAID Shuttle Review
- Pengo USB-C Dock Review
- Z68X-UD3H-B3 Rev. 1.3 F12 to UEFI
- Yubico Launches the World's First Lightning-Compatible Security Key, the YubiKey 5Ci
- Monkey King: Hero Is Back Pre-Orders Now Open on Steam
- Lionsgate and Bloober Team Release New Blair Witch 'Insanity' Story Trailer
- PINBRAWLER CREATURE IN THE WELL PRE-ORDERS NOW LIVE GAME LAUNCHES SEPTEMBER 6
- NEW DATING SIM GAME ANNOUNCED: NOW WITH 100% MORE DOGS You'll want to get your paws on this one On Valentine's Day, 2020