Pricing, Availability and Final Thoughts
AMD's Radeon HD 7790 continues to not be available yet with AMD expecting the model to hit retail shelves around the first week of April and while we've heard partners have already shipped the model out to retailers, we're still yet to see them listed over at Newegg.
With a $149 SRP on the standard reference design HD 7790, we expect, just like the Sapphire model, that this GIGABYTE video card is going to carry with it a slight premium due to the inclusion of an upgraded fan and an out of the box overclock. Like the Sapphire offering, we'd be tipping a price increase of around $10 - $15.
When it comes to out of the box performance we know that it would be fairly in line with what we saw from Sapphire. While we didn't test stock speeds, we just know from experience. While the memory clock may be 400MHz QDR down, we know that overall it's the core that gives the biggest boost to performance and with both video cards having the same core clock, we know that performance between both cards would be quite similar.
As for overclocking performance, you can see a strong boost in clocks mean a solid boost in overall performance. For the most part we see numbers sit at around the 10% mark. While we don't really see this change performance from unplayable to playable, most of the time we do see it overall just give us some more breathing room in situations which saw us sit just around the 60 FPS mark.
Moving away from performance and covering more the card we've got a very strong cooler that manages to perform exceptionally well. With the overclock we saw a load temperature of only 60c, more importantly, though, the noise levels sat at the very bottom of the graph with fantastic idle and load levels.
As for the bundle, there's not a whole lot that can be said about it. As you'd expect it's on the fairly light side of things, but considering where the model sits, this isn't too much of a surprise.
In the end this is another good rendition of the new Radeon HD 7790 from AMD and if you're looking for a video card at around this price point, it's no doubt going to be an attractive option. While the cooler is of course a little larger, it's not something that should cause an issue in most cases and the benefit is of course those low noise levels that come out from it.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Package]
- Page 2 [The Card and Specifications]
- Page 3 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - 3DMark 11]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Unigine Heaven Benchmark]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Phantasy Star Online 2]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Lost Planet 2]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Just Cause 2]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - F1 2012]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Metro 2033]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Dirt Showdown]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - Nexuiz]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - Sniper Elite V2]
- Page 14 [Benchmarks - Sleeping Dogs]
- Page 15 [Benchmarks - Far Cry 2]
- Page 16 [Benchmarks - Hitman Absolution]
- Page 17 [Benchmarks - Tomb Raider]
- Page 18 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 19 [Temperature Test]
- Page 20 [Sound Test]
- Page 21 [Power Consumption Test]
- Page 22 [Pricing, Availability and Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Microsoft vows to fix Windows Store for better PC gaming
- GIVEAWAY: Two awesome Antec chassis prize packs up for grabs
- Everything you need for Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
- Ronald McDonald 'will not' be in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
- New Kingdom Hearts III trailer: Winnie the Pooh/Jack Sparrow
- Asustor AS6302T 2-Bay Consumer NAS Review
- Solid state drives...any thoughts?
- Name this song. help?
- Supermicro C9Z390-PGW (Intel Z390) Motherboard Review
- Joystuck Combines UK Indie Rock and Game Music Favorites
- Close to the Sun selected for the Unreal Engine Dev Grants
- RemoteLock Announces the Appointment of New Board Member Dr. Tam Hulusi
- Bird Launches Community Mode
- NBA 2K Playgrounds 2: Physical Version Now Available for Switch