As I sit back and try to think of the cases I have seen that are specifically designed with silence of operation in mind, only a handful or less really stick out. Think about that for a minute. Out of all the cases I have seen in my time with TweakTown, there have been maybe ten entries to this segment. To me that leaves a huge gaping hold for manufacturers to delve into, since the trend in all computing seems to be moving away from fast and loud to a more subdued quick yet silent approach. I for one was sold on the value of silence when I was first introduced to Noctua, and ever since, my PCs all run quiet, whether air or water cooled.
One manufacturer to step into the huge empty hole is BitFenix with its latest release of cases. Things that come to mind that definitely need to be addressed to make for a successful silent build are based first off the choice of fans. The Spectre Series of fans has always done well here, so BitFenix is already on the right path with its current offerings. Then of course you should also address the places that tend to resonate noise in a typical build, and that is the front of the chassis as the air passes in, and the side panels where vibrations tend to go right through a steel panel. In this design there is the more typical cloth composite materials used on the side panels, but BitFenix was also busy developing the Serenitek Silencing material that backs the front door of this new design.
There are plenty more features we are used to from BitFenix as well as some other new offerings not usually seen, but I need to save something for the rest of the review. For now, get yourself situated, because the Ghost mid-tower chassis from BitFenix is well worth your time to have a look at what it has to offer.
Even though there were some slight issues with the sample I was sent, I really think the Ghost is a case many buyers will gravitate to for any of their future builds - I just think it is that cool. Continue on through the specifications and packaging images, because I don't think by the time you see this case you will be disagreeing with my last statement.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [BitFenix Ghost Chassis]
- Page 5 [Inside the Ghost]
- Page 6 [Inside the Ghost Continued]
- Page 7 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 8 [The Build and Finished Product]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
- It's a shame that our Ghost sample arrived in such poor condition for the review. We want to make sure our fans are thrilled with their BitFenix purchase, so if anyone out there experiences something similar, please do not hesitate to write to our support department at support [at] bitfenix [dot] com, and we will make it right. A big shout out to the folks at TweakTown for taking the time to check out our latest creation!
The BitFenix Crew
Latest News Posts
- Bad Habit release new trailer for Switch title Marble It Up!
- Keep calm as Dark Souls Remastered debuts to Nintendo Switch
- Android 17 officially joins Dragon Ball FighterZ roster
- Battlerite Royale Early Access trailer released
- Call of Duty: Black Ops 4, official launch trailer released
- Silicon Motion SM2262EN Preview: Micron 96-Layer TLC
- Need Advice 7800X OC
- Dial +1-844-319-0999 Dell technical support phone number for Dell help
- For Sale [10 Pieces] Apple iPhone Xs/Xs Max 64GB New $5,990CAD
- Recommendations replacing my Asus laptop Wifi adapter
- Xola Online Booking Platform Launches Travel Industry's First App Marketplace for In-Destination Tour and Activity Providers
- Creative's Super X-Fi Magical Headphone Holography Launches
- New ELiMENT Duplex LC Uniboot Connector Offers Highly Engineered Process and Ease of Installation
- Sevatec Announces Partnership with George Mason University
- VOTI DETECTION Announces the Launch of a Powerful Compact Table Top 3D Perspective X-Ray Security Scanner