Gone is the fancy packaging we had with the R3. The plain cardboard with black screened images and text is a great way to keep the money in the chassis offerings and not into something we are going to store in the basement or closet anyways.
This panel shows that the Define R4 comes in three versions. There is Black Pearl, Titanium and White with the red sticker on the -BL version or the Black Pearl you are about to see. At the bottom there is a drawing of the inside of the R4 as it is shipped to you, before any HDD conversions.
Even though they are using basic materials and monochrome printing, that doesn't mean the information is low quality. Quite the opposite on the back panel as Fractal Design shows off almost all of the features with an exploded view of the Define R4.
The last panel offers you the same Product Specifications and Cooling System charts I had on the last page. Between these lists and the look at the chassis on the back panel, there is little information that was missed about the Define R4 for their customers who will buy this off the shelf.
First off I have to say that I was pleased to see that my chassis was actually double boxed for transit to my door. The doubled cardboard along with the Styrofoam end caps and the plastic liner seen here allowed this Define R4 Black Pearl to arrive in perfect condition. There is also a plastic lining applied to the front panel and a piece of bubble wrap between the front door and the pop-out panels inside to make sure nothing came loose on its way to me.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [Fractal Design R4 Black Pearl Mid-Tower Chassis]
- Page 5 [Inside the Fractal Design R4 Black Pearl]
- Page 6 [Inside the Fractal Design R4 Black Pearl Continued]
- Page 7 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 8 [The Build and Finished Product]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Civilization VI: Gathering Storm - Biggest Civ Expansion yet
- Marvel's Spider-Man: 'Turf Wars' DLC released, new trailer
- Amazon Japan has $650+ Smash UItimate Amiibo set available
- Warframe makes its way to the Nintendo Switch, available now
- Overview trailer released for Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
- The computer always restarts
- X79 Extreme11 NVMe - PLEASE HELP
- Silicon Power Bolt B80 Portable SSD Review - Subtle Style
- NeueChair Review: Redefining The Modern Office Chair
- Crucial P1 500GB NVMe SSD - $100 NVMe
- olloclip Introduces Add-On Lens Clips for Apple's Newest iPhones
- ROCCAT celebrates website relaunch with fantastic deals
- QNAP Launches the Mustang-200 Computing Accelerator Card
- Manli announces GeForce RTX 2080 Ti & GeForce RTX 2070
- Stunning New Character Strikes Her Way into DEAD OR ALIVE 6