I really like the PC-V700-B that I received. It is sleek and sexy like most Lian Li offerings, it has elegant curves so it doesn't appear so brutish and with solid panel doors on it, you can go mad with wiring, no one will ever see the mess. The ability of the side panels to easily pop on and off with a bit of pressure is really handy for someone who is always inside tinkering or swapping components and I really like that this chassis got fully ventilated with five included fans. On top of that there is the new bay configuration with the removable 140mm in the front with its own dust filter and the PC-V700 is one of those cases that have the PSU in the front.
That isn't to say this build was flawless or I wasn't left wanting in some areas. I have seen much worse damage to boxes and got flawless products. The hit this took broke a clip, a ball and stud from the door panel and it flexed so bad it let loose of the fan and allowed it to move, then flexed back to pin it in place. Maybe Lian Li needs to re-think their drop testing and add some better padding for this chassis. The fact that I wasn't able to install a video card in my only PCI-Express x16 slot was a real bummer, I mean I guess I could have had filed it or broke out the dremel tool too, but this isn't a model of a chassis and asking a buyer to have to work on the design to get things to fit is asking too much. It really all boils down to quality control and it seems to be a trend, at least in my last two samples from Lian Li.
It really sucks too, because there was a lot of cool things that went together to make a mid-tower case that has so much interior space without having to remove and store components like most others do. The cooling of the chassis was top notch, even if slightly audible, it wasn't a level at which I wouldn't use this chassis, other things lead me to not want to use it long term. I like that you can mount eight drives, even if in an unusual configuration, I like that they give you the options. Once again I am left with a chassis that is so close to being top notch, but it seems the easy things are slipping past and we are being left with a high dollar chassis, that isn't perfect.
For a price near $250 I expect the product to arrive safely and be perfect and this sample was neither. I really wish Lian Li would get on the ball as it seems things are sliding and not in a good direction at least for right now.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [Lian Li PC-V700-B Mid-Tower Chassis]
- Page 5 [Inside the PC-V700-B]
- Page 6 [Inside the PC-V700-B Continued]
- Page 7 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 8 [The Build and Finished Product]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- AMD appoints fresh blood to Radeon team
- Assassin's Creed Origins: DLC 'The Hidden Ones' trailer
- PUBG to ban over 100,000 cheaters in one single wave
- Google hires ex PlayStation and Xbox executive Phil Harrison
- Dragon Ball FighterZ gets launch trailer days before release
- Intel 760P 512GB M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD Review
- Samsung 860 Pro 1TB SATA III SSD Review
- Z270-HD3 F8 bios and advanced frequency settings not available...
- Spectre Bios Updates
- Lian-Li PC-O11 WW Feedback and O11 Air Feedback
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top