When I heard that Zalman was entering the video card market I honestly didn't find myself all that surprised. One of the main features that make video cards stand out from each other is the cooling solution companies opt for and with a long standing presence in the cooling market, it shouldn't be hard for Zalman to offer something that can stand out against the competition.
We've been impressed with what Zalman has offered in the past, but what happens when the company moves away from the cooler only business and throws a video card into the mix, a bundle and all that other related stuff?
Well we intend to find out, but there's as always a few things that we've got to do before we get up and running. The first thing we've got to do is check out the package that Zalman is offering us. Once we've done that we'll move onto the video card itself and see what exactly is going on with it.
We'll check out the specification side of things before we move into the testbed and then of course look at the performance of the new video card. One of the main things we'll no doubt be paying attention today is the cooling performance so that's something that we're looking forward to seeing.
First things first, though, let's see what's going on with the package here today.
Looking at the box there's not a whole heap going on, Zalman really have a very basic design. That's not a bad thing as on a whole the box design looks pretty nice with the giant Z in the middle, but there's not a wealth of information on offer. Of course the one feature that is highlighted quite strongly on the front of the box is the fact that a "Zalman Cooling Solution" is being used. We'd be a bit worried if it wasn't!
As for the bundle it's really small, so small that we don't even have a manual. We've simply got a driver CD, CrossFire bridge and DVI to VGA connector. We're not surprised by the small bundle, it's similar from most companies these days and we know that the main thing that Zalman want to highlight is the cooler.
So with that said let's take a closer look at the video card itself.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Package]
- Page 2 [The Card and Specifications]
- Page 3 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - 3DMark 11]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Unigine Heaven Benchmark]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X. 2]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Mafia II]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Lost Planet 2]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Aliens vs. Predator]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- PUBG's 'Event Mode' will have rotating game types and modes
- Custom Nintendo Switch Joy-Cons will come with a D-pad
- Nintendo debut eShop sale in North America and Europe
- Dying in Sea of Thieves will soon cost you in-game gold
- EA's new AI has taught itself to play Battlefield 1
- (20 Pieces) Apple iPhone X (www.BizFests.com) 64GB $12,980
- GIGABYTE Z170MX Gaming5 non K overclock
- Buy (10 Pieces) Apple iPhone X Brand New Unlocked 64GB $7,490
- Corsair ML140 PRO RGB 140mm Magnetic Levitation Review
- AMD Ryzen Master Utility Memory Access Mode Greyed Out ASROCK x399
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit