Inside the Box
Packaging is rather skimpy on the inside of the box. Here we see that the power supply is only protected by the box and a layer of bubble wrap. Modular connectors on one side and the power cable on the back side make the unit fit snugly inside the box, though.
VisionTek has a rather glossy finish on the unit and as you can see from the picture above, it is rather susceptible to showing fingerprints. On the top of the unit, we find the serial number.
One side of the power supply displays the I/O specification label.
VisionTek chose to leave one side of the power supply blank.
This power supply has a very open back and appears to allow for more airflow than the typical honeycomb mesh that we are used to seeing.
Eight modular connections are available on the front, but there are only six modular cables included. If you were inclined, you could come up with additional cables provided you weren't already maxing the power supply out.
If you think that the fan looks a bit smaller than usual, it is because you are correct. While most power supplies utilize a 140mm fan on the bottom to provide airflow for the unit, the VisionTek 700W Modular PSU makes use of a 120mm fan instead.
Included with the unit are six modular cables. Only the PCI-E connectors are blue while everything else is black.
VisionTek makes sure that you're covered on the cable management. Also included with the unit are five Velcro cable ties, two zip ties, mounting screws, AC power cord and user manual.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging]
- Page 3 [Inside the Box]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Facebook stock drops $50 billion in two days, biggest ever
- GeForce 391.24 WHQL drivers: Game Ready for Sea of Thieves
- The Matrix launches on 4K Blu-ray on May 22
- GIGABYTE releases RX 580 Gaming Box, portable mining box!!
- NVIDIA powers 92.2% of VR gamers, leaves AMD with just 7.8%
- Buy 5 Pieces Apple iPhone X 64GB New Unlocked $4,245
- NZXT H700i Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- TRENDnet Four Channel DVR Kit Review
- Asus G75 won't boot
- ROG G75 won't boot bios
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit