Version and / or Patch Used: R11.5
Developer Homepage: http://www.maxon.net/
Product Homepage: http://www.maxon.net/downloads/cinebench/cinebench-115.html
CINEBENCH is a real-world cross platform test suite that evaluates your computer's performance capabilities. CINEBENCH is based on MAXON's award-winning animation software CINEMA 4D, which is used extensively by studios and production houses worldwide for 3D content creation. MAXON software has been used in blockbuster movies such as Spider-Man, Star Wars, The Chronicles of Narnia and many more.
CINEBENCH is the perfect tool to compare CPU and graphics performance across various systems and platforms (Windows and Mac OS X). And best of all: It's completely free.
While not for everyone, CINEBENCH is an extremely important benchmark in many fields. The failure of the FX-8150 in it disappointed a lot of people as we thought that it would offer us some strong performance. The 3960X is just offering us some crazy performance, though. At stock there's not a single setup near it. The closest are the heavily overclocked Intel options that still fall 10% shy of the stock numbers.
Move up to 4.99GHz and you can see our score blows out even more offering us 40% more performance than the other overclocked Intel options. It's double the speed of a stock 2600k and almost 80% faster than the FX-8150 at 4.76GHz. There's no doubt that renderers all over the world are going to be looking at this new processor from Intel.
Version and / or Patch Used: v3.4
Developer Homepage: http://www.adobe.com/
Product Homepage: http://www.adobe.com/products/photoshoplightroom/
Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 3 software helps you bring out the best in your photographs, whether you're perfecting one image, searching for ten, processing hundreds, or organizing thousands.
Create incredible images that move your audience. Experiment fearlessly with state-of-the-art nondestructive editing tools. Easily manage all your images. And showcase your work in elegant print layouts, slide shows, and web galleries, as well as on popular photo-sharing sites. All from within one fast, intuitive application.
Lightroom testing time isn't a big one, but you can see the performance of the 3960X again with the stock performance lining up with that of a 2600k at 5.2GHz. Overclocked we shave more time off the whole process, again giving us a great idea of the kind of performance on offer under these real world tests.
Version and / or Patch Used: v6.5
Developer Homepage: http://www.cyberlink.com/
MediaEspresso is a blazingly fast media universal converter that can transcode your videos, photos and music files and out put them to a huge range of portable devices including mobile phones, portable media players and even game consoles. With technologies like Smart Detect, Direct Sync and CyberLink's TrueTheater video enhancements, you can not only forget about complicated format, resolution and output settings, but your converted file will come out the other side looking better than when it went in!
We again see under this real world environment that the 3960X at stock is offering us performance of a 2600k running at 5.2GHz. Overclock the 3960X and just watch the time plummet. Just over 12 minutes to encode a 4.3GB movie to an iPad 2 friendly resolution and format.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Mozilla announces VR/AR development program
- iPhone 2018 model will feature massive LTE speeds
- Apple buys VR/AR startup VRvana for $30 million
- AC: Origins patch fixes UltraWide, multi-GPU issues
- Radeon Vega 8 Mobile: 8 Vega GPU cores, 256MB DDR4
- GA-X79-UD7 memory frequency?
- ASRock X299 Mini-ITX and SO-DIMM OC and Build Guide
- Wierd characters in Z97 Gaming BIOS
- I7-6700k, Gigabyte Aorus Z270X K7, Undervolt1.160
- GA-X79-UD7 memory frequency?
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series
- ASUS Republic of Gamers Announces Swift PG27VQ