As we move into a new month, we're making some changes to our testbed and benchmark line-up. We won't get too much into it as everything is really shown above and in the coming pages. Instead we'll just get into the overclocking side of things on our ASUS Maximus IV Extreme-Z
Getting into the BIOS, we expected big things again from ASUS and as usual, the company didn't disappoint. We ended up pushing our multiplier up to x53 and base clock to 101.5.
As you can see from above, this resulted in our CPU coming in at 5381MHz or 5.38GHz as listed in our graphs. This is a strong overclock and should yield some strong performance over the stock 3.4GHz clock that's present on the 2600k.
Due to the new line-up when it comes to the hardware we're using today and the benchmarks, we're only comparing the ASUS board against itself in both stock and overclocked form. We already have a good idea of how the Z68 chipset goes against other chipsets and motherboards, so it wasn't really worth worrying too much about retesting them again today.
Let's get started!
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Package]
- Page 2 [The Motherboard]
- Page 3 [The Motherboard Continued]
- Page 4 [BIOS]
- Page 5 [Test System Setup and Overclocking]
- Page 6 [CPU Benchmarks]
- Page 7 [System Benchmarks]
- Page 8 [USB 2.0 and 3.0 Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [SSD Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [Memory Benchmarks]
- Page 11 [Gaming Benchmarks]
- Page 12 [Temperature and Power]
- Page 13 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Spider-Man 'The Heist' DLC adds 3 suits, October 23rd launch
- SEGA won't over rely on remasters and remakes
- Hacked Switches can now use USB mass storage HDDs
- Battlefield V's new War Stories trailer shows WWII drama
- No Man's Sky VR? Hello Games wants to know if you want it
- ASRock A320M-DGS + Ryzen 5 2600 budget upgrade with older video card?
- Default Netgear Wireless WG111 Issue
- NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 Review: The Perfect Card For 1440p
- Computer will not turn on.
- Netgear Wireless WG111 Issue
- OnDeck Launches ODX for Banks
- Adobe Announces Next Generation of Creative Cloud at MAX 2018
- Sharkoon PURE STEEL: Minimalist PC Case for High-End Hardware
- Xara Designer Pro X v16 has been released
- Endless Road: Indie roguelite card game now on Steam