It's been a while since we've looked at anything from PowerColor, but after seeing their showings at Computex, it's great to see something new from the company. Made even better is the fact that we're not talking about a card with a new cooler or anything like that, we're talking about a new card that PowerColor themselves have been working hard on.
The HD 6870x2 is as the name suggests, a dual GPU HD 6870 card. What you need to know, though, is this isn't an official AMD model. Instead, it's a card designed by the mad scientists at PowerColor and I've got to say, the HD 6870 GPU could well be the perfect option for this kind of card. Before we find out what's going on in terms of performance, though, we've got to go through the usual procedure.
First up, we'll check out the package of the HD 6870x2 from PowerColor before we have a closer look at the card itself, the heatsink/fan they've opted for and the connections that are on offer from the I/O side of things.
Before we get into our testbed and performance of the card, we'll of course be taking a look at the specifications. Since the card looked so good, though, we took the time to do some overclocking and we'll also show you what we managed to do there when it came to overclock results.
Before we get into all that fun stuff, though, it's important to look at what's going on in terms of the package. So let's get started.
Checking out the box of the HD 6870x2, we have got a really nice simple design that highlights the features of the card, with the back putting strong focus on the heatsink and the performance.
Moving inside, we've got the standard manual and driver CD. Along with that, we've got a Dirt 3 coupon that lets you download the game off Steam. We've also got a lineup of cables including the CrossFire Bridge, mini DP to DP connector, two 6-Pin PCI-E to 8-Pin PCI-E connectors along with a DVI to VGA convertor. A pretty good looking bundle from PowerColor with the stand outs being the inclusion of the Dirt 3 coupon and mini DP to DP connector.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Package]
- Page 2 [Card & Specification]
- Page 3 [Test System Setup and 3DMark 11]
- Page 4 [3DMark Vantage]
- Page 5 [Unigine Heaven Benchmark]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Resident Evil 5]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X. 2]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Mafia II]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Lost Planet 2]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Aliens vs. Predator]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Street Fighter IV]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - Far Cry 2]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - Batman Arkham Asylum]
- Page 14 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 15 [Temperature Test]
- Page 16 [Sound Test]
- Page 17 [Power Consumption Tests]
- Page 18 [Total Performance Rating (TPR)]
- Page 19 [Total Value Rating (TVR)]
- Page 20 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Dbrands Nintendo Switch skins guarantee no damage to device
- PowerColor teases Radeon RX Vega Nano prototype
- AMD teases Ryzen 7 2800X, could be a 10C/20T beast at 4GHz+
- Xbox One could soon have 120Hz high refresh rate option
- Valve picks up Campo Santo, Firewatch developer
- FS 40 Pieces Samsung Galaxy S9+ (www.BizFests.com) 128GB $8,520
- Legacy Mode
- Possible Router Issues
- ADATA Premier Memory Cards
- Can't complete BIOS recovery
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit