When it comes to the comparison side of things, we'll be checking out our Sapphire Pure Platinum A75 against the GIGABYTE A75-UD4H, ASUS F1A75-V Pro and ASUS M5A99X EVO which uses our 1100T. As for the rest of the testbed equipment, there's no real changes, so let's get stuck into the overclock side of things now.
The first thing I have to say is what a nightmare this board was the first time I tried to up the RAM speed to 1866MHz DDR. We had this board a good 10 days before release, though, and it was obvious the BIOS we were using wasn't the greatest. Just a day later Sapphire hooked us up with a new BIOS and .my god ..what a simple BIOS update can do.
Since the launch of the A75 platform our boards out of the box have been horrible with memory. A BIOS or two later, though, before the board launches and everything lines up as it should. It seems that a lot of companies ran into the same problem. Sapphire being new to the game still, I didn't expect a lot from them. Well, after the BIOS update, I just felt bad.
We ended up getting our A8-3850 to 3.625GHz as you can see above, while managing to use the 1866MHz memory divider that brought our RAM in at an even 2000MHz DDR.
With some strong overclocking performance, let's see how the board goes.
Let's get started!
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- NeoGAF goes down, owner embroiled in sexual harrassment
- ASUS ROG Strix GTX 1070 Ti teased with triple-fan cooler
- Bitcoin hits $6000, with $100 billion in value
- Galaxy S9: 6GB RAM, headphone jack is a selling point
- Mass Effect dev: EA only cares about highest returns
- ex58-UD3R rev 1.6
- RAID on a new X370 Fatal1ty Gaming X with m.2 SSDs using a PCIe card.
- LGA-775 GA-EP35-DS3P (rev 2.1), Q9550 e0 overclocking advice please?
- Will the PC-A76 accept a Tyan TYAN S7100 (S7100AG2NR) SSI EEB Mother board?
- MSI Z370 GODLIKE GAMING Motherboard Review
- Introducing the CYBERPOWERPC Crystal Gaming Series Powered By CORSAIR
- COLORFUL Officially Releases iGame Z370 Vulcan X Motherboard in South Korea
- G.SKILL Releases DDR4-3800MHz 32GB (4x8GB) SO-DIMM Memory Kit for Mini-ITX Motherboards
- EK Water Blocks releases new Slim Series kits
- BIOSTAR releases new RACING Z370GT7 motherboard