Our load tests utilize a couple of FAST ATE active load testers and a variety of other equipment such as an oscilloscope, power conditioner, temperature probe and a power consumption meter. You can read more about our standard testing approach here.
The tests performed are based around six conceivable setups that are out there and progressively load down the PSU up to the power supply's limits or 1000W, whichever comes first. Since our test equipment's limits are greater than that of the Corsair CX430V2 430W PSU, we can test it to the maximum.
Taking a look at the voltage regulation tests, we see that the power supply is far from perfect. That's quite ok in this case and it simply isn't meant to power an enthusiast rig where the extra voltage regulation will give you an extra 150 MHz overclock. Instead, the CX430V2 produces solid numbers from start to finish. Both the 12V and 5V rails manage to stay within 2% regulation. The 3.3V rail doesn't quite do as well, but still stays within 4%. At no time did the CX430V2 even come close to being out of specification.
DC output quality was overall quite well for the CX430V2. Test 1 showed a rather low reading of 9mV peak to peak and this increased as the load increased. Under full load we saw a maximum of 24mV of ripple on the scope. You simply couldn't ask for anything better from the CX430V2.
Perhaps the one area that the CX430V2 struggles a bit is in the efficiency category. The power supply is 80Plus certified and that is it, not even a Bronze rating here. That means that the power supply just has to stay at or above 80% efficiency through all of the tests. While the power supply did so, it would have been nice to see more efficiency out of the unit.
Sometimes it is refreshing to sit back and take a look at non-enthusiast grade hardware. It is simplistic, does exactly what it is meant to do, and is cheap. The CX430V2 is does just that and nothing more. It provides plenty of power, within specifications, for low end systems. It does it without a ton of cables getting in the way or extra connectors that you'll never use. Best of all, it does it at a great price. At $40, the CX430 is a solid buy and well worth considering for any low end system. If you can snag it while there is still a rebate and get it for $27 US, it is a phenomenal buy and you should consider buying four or five of them to have on stock for the next power supply related fixes and low end systems that you're called upon for.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 2 [The Packaging]
- Page 3 [Inside the Box]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- H1Z1 is locked at 60FPS on the PS4 Pro
- Ohio university gives scholarships to best Fortnite players
- EKWB launch EVGA GTX 1080 Ti FTW 3 waterblock, now with RGB
- Battlefield 1's monthly updates end in June
- SEGA and Capcom Humble Bundle discounts great games
- EVGA DG-77 Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD Review
- B360M-ITX/ac does not see USB drive at all
- WD My Passport Wireless SSD 500GB Review
- Legacy Mode
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit