The Build and Finished Product
Getting ready to install the drives as I usually do this first, I removed the front bezel to gain access to the bay covers. I found that the bay covers are shipped held in by pressure really. You can add screws to secure the covers if you wish. I also found that both of the 140mm blue LED fans have their own dust covers that clip into place behind the bezel.
Since there are no wires attached to the bezel, once I removed the bay cover and installed the drive, the cover snapped right back in place and leaves you with this to look at from the front.
With everything in place, the features of the PC-K63 make themselves known. The open design with the wire management channel makes for a very clean wiring of the interior. I removed the middle hard drive rack to allow for better airflow, and it gave me the ability to mount a 2.5" drive to the top of the cage that is left. If you plan to go mobile with this chassis, the lock for the power supply will keep it securely in place. Since the USB 3.0 cable is so short I had no option but to cut across the middle of the board and use a water cooling hole to get to the rear I/O.
The window is placed really well and offers a view of all the hardware. The angle of the window I get follows the design of the front, but the angled side offers more view of the drives and rack components, something I'd rather not see.
I was able to connect the USB 3.0 cable, but just! - I really think that LanCool needs to look into this. Aside from that the rear of the case fills out nicely and both the lock on the PSU and the expansion card is very secure once locked down.
With a couple of wire ties to power the fans, and simply running the 24-pin straight from the PSU to the motherboard, the channel in this chassis took all the wiring I had and gobbled it up. Once the wiring was in the right places you just need to lock all the clips to keep it secure.
Turning the lights down as I powered up the PC-K63, the front glows with the flood of blue LED lighting. The slit at the top is always on as is the pair of 140mm fan LEDs. While the lighting is bright, I like the way this looks in action.
Moving around to the side, the window not only gives a great view into the chassis, the glow of the rear fans LEDs floods over the hardware and again floods the table with light through the window. This chassis aside from its material choices really reminds me of a full on Lian Li.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Psyonix reveals 'Salty Shores' Rocket League content update
- Overwatch two-year anniversary skins and patch notes reveal
- Human Head Studios release Rune: Ragarok gameplay video
- Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle: Donkey Kong Adventure unveil
- Hi-Rez Studios fires art contractor for copied Overwatch art
- Buy 5 Pieces Samsung Galaxy S9 (www.BizFests.com) 64GB $1,595
- Buy 5 Pieces Samsung Galaxy S9 64GB SM-G960UZKAXAA $1,595
- X58a-ud5 rev 1.0 Bios with VT-d support
- HyperX FURY DDR4-3466 16GB Dual-Channel Memory Kit Review
- If I use the M2_1 slot in the x470 Taichi Ultimate ,will it take away PCIE lanes from the GPU?
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit