J&W is a company that I personally had never heard of before this review. But after taking some time to look over their site and what they have to offer, it is certainly one that I will have in my head for some time to come.
We had the chance to take a look at a very interesting offer from J&W. It is a Mini-ITX motherboard built around the AMD 890GX chipset, complete with four SATA 3.0 ports, two USB 3.0 and three network interfaces. There is an n-spec wireless card and two GBe LAN ports. This pint sized product also is capable of supporting up to a 95 Watt AMD CPU.
But, what happens if you drop a Phenom II X6 1100T into this board? We take the time to see if it can take it, or if the MINIX 890GX-USB3 will fold under the pressure. So please keep the fire extinguisher handy and remember kids, don't try this at home - it will void your warranty.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [The Box and What's Inside]
- Page 3 [The Motherboard]
- Page 4 [BIOS and Overclocking]
- Page 5 [Test System Setup and Comments]
- Page 6 [Synthetic Tests - Part I]
- Page 7 [Synthetic Tests - Part II]
- Page 8 [Synthetic Tests - Part III]
- Page 9 [Real-World Tests - Part I]
- Page 10 [Real-World Tests - Part II]
- Page 11 [Power Usage, Heat Tests and Final Thoughts]