Accessories and Documentation
This is the box I explained which is packed on top of the cooler for shipping. There is a large hole in the center of the box to easily lift the hardware box out. Inside everything besides the wire fan clips are packaged in zip-close bags so nothing gets lost.
First in the kit we have the universal back plate. It doesn't matter if you want to install this on a 939 rig, or a LGA1366, they all use bolts through this plate to mount the cooler to the motherboard, giving all sockets a very solid base to work off of. In the front are the two included wire fan clips. This slide into the fins through the tine holes nearest to the edge. They then surround the fan and actually hold the body, not the screw holes, of the outer edge of the fan.
I will call this the Universal Kit. It consists of thumbscrews with attached springs to use for both the large cross plate with the dimple in it. These screws also mount the cooler on the top of the long threaded screws that are keyed to fit in slots in the back plate. On the left there is a syringe of thermal grease and on the right is a very handy wrench for access to the thumb screws in tight accommodations. In my hardware kit I did receive both an extra long screw and a extra thumb screw that doesn't get used.
The bag on the left is used when adding the long threaded screws to the back plate. When you pass the screw through the plate you secure it with one of these flat nuts and add a washer on top to isolate it against the motherboard. Once that is assembled you can go onto the right bag. This has the "top hat" shaped nuts that get used with the washers to mount the back plate assembly to the motherboard. Also in this bag is the AM2/AM3 mounting to add to the base for use with those sockets. The short Phillips head screws are used to lock these plates onto the "ring" already surrounding the coolers base.
Along with my sample there were four sets of instructions in different languages. On the front and back of two pages Swiftech covers both the AMD and the Intel installations with descriptive, easy to follow text along with great images.
The fan included simply has a large S on it, no verification of a model to go against, so for now I will assume the specs on the box are correct. This 4-in fan is PWM controlled for fan speed, and offers a RPM sensing wire to verify the speeds.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [The Swiftech Polaris 120 CPU Cooler]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Capcom add 'Torch Man' to the Mega Man 11 boss roster
- Kirby Star Allies: Daroach, Dark Meta Knight & more details
- Breath of the Wild Link joins Mario Kart 8 Deluxe roster
- Dragon Ball Super: Broly Movie Trailer revealed at Comic-Con
- New story trailer released for Insomniac Games' Spider-Man
- ASROCK C2750D4I BMC Self Test Failure
- OWC Travel Dock Review
- Asrock a320m dgs eveything stuttering even cs go drops 15-20 fps
- Biostar X470GTN Gaming (AMD X470) Motherboard Review
- Asrock X399 + Watercooling help needed please
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit