The card is based on the reference design which isn't any surprise, and I know that the only difference between companies around launch is only the sticker on the cooler, but I love this sticker! It's hard to tell, but it's a reflective sticker and just looks really cool. It's a nice design and when a lot of the cards carry the same reference design and package, sometimes it's the look of the card that's going to help seal the deal when it comes to deciding which one to buy.
Jumping around the rest of the card, we continue to see all those reference features; two 6-Pin PCI-E power connectors on the back, two Crossfire connectors and our little BIOS switch. Connectivity also doesn't hold any surprises with a Dual-Link DVI, Single-Link DVI, HDMI 1.4 and two Mini DisplayPort connectors.
Specifications and Overclocking
Continuing on with the reference design, the clocks are of course reference as well which puts the core in at 800MHz and the memory clock at 5000MHz QDR. Using Afterburner, though, it was time to bump the voltage up to 1.3v and start moving those clocks north.
What we ended up with is a core clock of 970MHz; this is an increase of over 150MHz. As for the 2GB of GDDR5 memory, that gets clocked up to 5460MHz QDR which is almost a 500MHz QDR increase, which is very impressive. It'll be interesting to see how its performance goes when compared to reference clocked cards.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Package]
- Page 2 [Card, Specifications and Overclocking]
- Page 3 [Test System Setup and 3DMark 11]
- Page 4 [3DMark Vantage]
- Page 5 [Unigine Heaven Benchmark]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Resident Evil 5]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X. 2]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Mafia II]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Lost Planet 2]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Aliens vs. Predator]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Street Fighter IV]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - Far Cry 2]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - Batman Arkham Asylum]
- Page 14 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 15 [Temperature Test]
- Page 16 [Sound Test]
- Page 17 [Power Consumption Tests]
- Page 18 [Total Performance Rating (TPR)]
- Page 19 [Total Value Rating (TVR)]
- Page 20 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Red Dead Online microtransactions are live
- The PC game store wars begin
- NieR: Automata's 2B arrives in Soulcalibur VI on December 18
- Anthem: Legion of Dawn Edition Trailer - Armor & Story
- New Mortal Kombat 11 image leaks, Kombat Pass 6 DLC fighters
- HyperX Savage EXO Portable SSD Review
- AM1H-ITX will not turn on what do I do next?
- MyDigitalSSD BPX Pro Firmware 12.1 Update - Higher Peaks
- ASUS ZX53VW keyboard issue
- Seagate Game Drive for Xbox 2TB SSD Review
- Symbaroum: Yndaros - The Darkest Star expansion Released Today
- Enjoy the Winter Season of R.O.H.A.N.: Blood Feud
- Warlords Awakening release surprises for Christmas
- The Switchblade Christmas Update Is Out Now
- Great Britain & Ireland DLC Out Now For Railway Empire