The card is based on the reference design which isn't any surprise, and I know that the only difference between companies around launch is only the sticker on the cooler, but I love this sticker! It's hard to tell, but it's a reflective sticker and just looks really cool. It's a nice design and when a lot of the cards carry the same reference design and package, sometimes it's the look of the card that's going to help seal the deal when it comes to deciding which one to buy.
Jumping around the rest of the card, we continue to see all those reference features; two 6-Pin PCI-E power connectors on the back, two Crossfire connectors and our little BIOS switch. Connectivity also doesn't hold any surprises with a Dual-Link DVI, Single-Link DVI, HDMI 1.4 and two Mini DisplayPort connectors.
Specifications and Overclocking
Continuing on with the reference design, the clocks are of course reference as well which puts the core in at 800MHz and the memory clock at 5000MHz QDR. Using Afterburner, though, it was time to bump the voltage up to 1.3v and start moving those clocks north.
What we ended up with is a core clock of 970MHz; this is an increase of over 150MHz. As for the 2GB of GDDR5 memory, that gets clocked up to 5460MHz QDR which is almost a 500MHz QDR increase, which is very impressive. It'll be interesting to see how its performance goes when compared to reference clocked cards.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Package]
- Page 2 [Card, Specifications and Overclocking]
- Page 3 [Test System Setup and 3DMark 11]
- Page 4 [3DMark Vantage]
- Page 5 [Unigine Heaven Benchmark]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Resident Evil 5]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X. 2]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Mafia II]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Lost Planet 2]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Aliens vs. Predator]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Street Fighter IV]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - Far Cry 2]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - Batman Arkham Asylum]
- Page 14 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 15 [Temperature Test]
- Page 16 [Sound Test]
- Page 17 [Power Consumption Tests]
- Page 18 [Total Performance Rating (TPR)]
- Page 19 [Total Value Rating (TVR)]
- Page 20 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Arena of Valor will debut to the Nintendo Switch September
- Here's the list of NVIDIA RTX-capable games
- FromSoftware reveal 15 minutes of Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice
- Shenmue III release date finalized
- Amazon kills 20% game pre-order discount, offers $10 credit
- Boot Selection Always Shows up on Startup
- Z87 pro4 bios setting not sticking
- P9X79E-WS Giant Headaches
- EVGA Z370 Classified K (Intel Z370) Motherboard Review
- GIGABYTE Z370 Aorus Ultra Gaming WIFI-OP Motherboard Review
- JUST CAUSE 4 WORLD EXCLUSIVE TORNADO GAMEPLAY REVEAL
- CIRCLE Entertainment will publish platformer Button Button on Nintendo Switch
- 11-11: MEMORIES RETOLDSTORY TRAILER REVEALED
- Microids fills out its catalogue for the end of 2018!
- The Gardens Between Bends Time on Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4, Steam Sept. 20